DTB Live show and tone.

Caparison Guitarist

Enter My Silence
Aug 15, 2003
I just saw DTB in Arizona. One of the best shows ever. I forgot a lot of the songs he played. Anyone have a setlist for this tour? I want to hear them again. One more thing, what is he using live? I know he uses an Original Peavey 5150 and a Fender strat, but his lead tone was unbelievable! I bought the same head, and I am waiting for it to show up at my door. I need to know HOW he gets it. It was incredible. I never would have expected it from a 5150.

Caparison Guitarist said:
I just saw DTB in Arizona. One of the best shows ever. I forgot a lot of the songs he played. Anyone have a setlist for this tour? I want to hear them again. One more thing, what is he using live? I know he uses an Original Peavey 5150 and a Fender strat, but his lead tone was unbelievable! I bought the same head, and I am waiting for it to show up at my door. I need to know HOW he gets it. It was incredible. I never would have expected it from a 5150.

His guitar is usually tuned in CGCGCE...in open C so

I read on the Symphony X message board. Devin said this at the Hollywood Show - "You like progressive? I'm so progressive I suck cock for crack money."

:lol: :kickass:

I love that guy! But not in that weird homosexual way. So no funny ideas.

COBSteele02 said:
I read on the Symphony X message board. Devin said this at the Hollywood Show - "You like progressive? I'm so progressive I suck cock for crack money."

:lol: :kickass:

I love that guy! But not in that weird homosexual way. So no funny ideas.

That's Devin !!! Totally !!! However he is not homosexual at hole....heuuuu all !!!
He is married with Princess Tracy :)

As far as setlist, here's what he played in cleveland: Seventh Wave, Storm, Earth Day, Life, Truth, Away/Deep Peace(guitar solo one), Regulator, Bad Devil...i think he's been keeping it pretty similar for most shows

oldlyonfreak said:
That's Devin !!! Totally !!! However he is not homosexual at hole....heuuuu all !!!
He is married with Princess Tracy :)

I was not implying he was :lol:. Trust me I have had the pleasure of meeting him when he was with Strapping Young Lad, and he was one of the coolest "rockstars?" I have met. Chatted with me and my buddies for about half an hour, when the rest of the band went to the tour bus.

My trick of the trade to get devin's sound is to tune my guitar to his C tuning. Slap tons of delay and echo on that bitch and rock out. Sounds pretty good too me, i use 2 delay pedals everytime i play his stuff to get that atmospheric tone he has. He also uses a wah pedal in Away to add expression to it. \m/

Note that I am not a guitarist nor a gearhead so some of the things I will say might be off.

I know that with DTB Devin splits his guitar output in two, one of which has a "simple" distorted sound and the other that is heavily on the delay and echo. If that makes any sense.