Dude on Drums

Scourge of Malice said:
I'll never understand how drummers can do that for an entire show. It looks so fucking tiring. I have endless respect for drummers, good ones atleast.

such as me :)

how funny are his facial expressions though :kickass:
then he picks up the guitar to solo at the end :lol:

are you kidding, Amarantus?..

PS: have you guys seen the video of that 12 or 13-years old boy's solo, where he kicks ass?

You are talking about Tony Royster Jr. correct?

And no I'm not kidding. I've been playing for six years, I hardly get tired anymore. Mainly because of the endurance I've gained and the techniques you can use to save yourself alot of energy. Aka, drum and cymbal positioning, and techniques on how to actaully hit the drums/cymbals.

I have tried playing my friends drums a few times and just can't pick up on it.

Playing guitar on the other hand is easy. Anyone who could play a guitar is a retard.

Amarantus said:
You are talking about Tony Royster Jr. correct?

And no I'm not kidding. I've been playing for six years, I hardly get tired anymore. Mainly because of the endurance I've gained and the techniques you can use to save yourself alot of energy. Aka, drum and cymbal positioning, and techniques on how to actaully hit the drums/cymbals.

Unfortunally have no idea about his name, but I know where to check it out, so I'll fix it.

Errmm... Well, maybe it depends of what you play? If you play punk - of course its not that hard, but if you play something with two pedals and shit, with many cymbals - its something different.
Drummer's - the one who plays with his 4 limbs.
And there are situations when drummer can hardly breath coz he should play and turn so fast.

When I play I dont get really tired coz Im not on that level where I need to
work my ass out for the stuff. I mean - what I play isnt that crazy yet. But I still cant say its easily...
I have a video of Mudvayne's drummer playing (yea I know you hate them but lets forget about it for a second) - he plays drumms 19 years.
When they were taking a video on some song - he was playing so hard that after some 3-4 minutes he just asked for a break - laid on the floor and was resting and breathing fast like a bull...