13 Year old dude...SHREADS!!!

Well it's boring after 30 seconds and you can only listen to shreading for so long. I thought it was cool he was going with the theme.

I am personally more into riffs/rythmn over lead guitar playing anyday, always curious to hear people like that kid just play rythmn to see if they come up with any good riffs.

The Greys said:
Well it's boring after 30 seconds and you can only listen to shreading for so long. I thought it was cool he was going with the theme.

I am personally more into riffs/rythmn over lead guitar playing anyday, always curious to hear people like that kid just play rythmn to see if they come up with any good riffs.
Yeah it's true, an impressive and memorable riff is almost always more lastingly impressive than a good solo.

Ok so I just watched the video, and yes it's got some cool sweep picking and tapping parts, certainly exceptional for his age.

BUT - could he have chosen a more cheesy piece to play? I was picturing strange little gnome-beings dancing round a big tree made of tinsel, ringing small hand bells and extolling the virtues of neo-classicalism.