For The Greys: Paradise Lost - a Videography

but wearing someone else's bands' shirt is much cooler, assuming the band is cool. i've gotten into more than a few bands because i saw a member wearing a shirt of another band that i like. i guess someone who sucks could be wearing a good band's shirt, in theory, but it doesn't work that way too often i've found.

Phil Anselmo wears a lot of good shirts. Like Darkthrone, Black Sabbath, Saint Vitus, Venom, Exhorder, etc.

that works the other way around... everyone already knows Phil and his band, but the kiddies don't know the bands whose shirts he wears, so they check them out, and really there's nothing wrong with exposing the ignorant masses to Darkthrone... since only the kvlt-inclined will "get it" anyway... i guess...

Crimson Velvet said:
He expressed some views towards black metal and At the Gates that had a lot of people pissed off. Myself included.

Don't forget the thread where some guy was asking if it was possible to remove the vocals on a couple of songs he had downloaded, because he liked the music and not the vocals. Good ol' Greys tilted completely in that thread, it was hilarious. It's also annoying that he always uses a comma instead of "and". Example: "The music is good, great guitar,bass,drums."

Susperia said:
I think it's arrogant no matter what to wear your own band's shirt on stage. Around your own house and such, go ahead. But don't be a dick and wear it on stage.

You know some bands wear their own shirts on stage:
a) Because they probably get 10,000 of them free
b) Because they wear it like a uniform
c) Because they might be promoting a new album
or maybe even d) Promoting the band in general

a) Because they probably get 10,000 of them free
this is the #1 reason

imagine the following scenario

* you're some death metal type band touring europe in a smelly van during a month or two
* you rarely have the opportunity to do laundry and you only brought like 5 t-shirts with you
* you have about 12 merch boxes full of t-shirts in the back of the van

WHAT DO YOU DO: ____________________________________