Dumbest things

It does get annoying how after listening to the vocals for one second, people automatically assume the song is Satanic.

Friend: This music is really satanic (I was playing In Flames - Jester Script Transfigured)

Brother: I know, they're going to hell.

Me: What are you talking about?

Friend: Just listen to it, he's singing like a demon, and he's probably talking about sacraficing animals and serving his dark master.

Me: You have no idea what he's singing about, do you? He doesn't mention anything like that. Look at these lyrics. He's fuckin singing about aliens and cyborgs taking over the world. It's science fiction at the most.

Friend: See? Satanic!

Me: ???

Yeah, I keep hearing that too. People think that when there's growling in a song, it's satanic and evil and it has a bad influence etc. :( They don't even wanna look the lyrics.

zeanra - haha. that's true. dumb comments can provide amusement. and when people i don't respect at all say something completely dumb my initial reaction will be to laugh.

Originally posted by crumbling mirth
zeanra - haha. that's true. dumb comments can provide amusement. and when people i don't respect at all say something completely dumb my initial reaction will be to laugh.
Heh, yeah. I remember a time when some girl wanted to show she's smart, she wanted to say something really wise and start a discussion with me or something. But when she said it, I bursted into hysterically laughter, I hadn't heard anything so dumb for a while. I didn't mean to (I don't want to be impolite) but I couldn't help it. She didn't understand why I was laughing, so she started to laugh too, you know, she didn't wanted to show she's stupid. And I laughed even more.

Me: listening to Dark Tranquillity - Auctioned
Bro: Hey dad! Look what she's listening to! That's satanic stuff! *blah blah* I told you she's a satanist! :err: :confused:

My classmates know I'm into music that's "strange" in their opinion, but they have no idea what death metal or black metal is, so sometimes if I happen to wear black clothes they would say something like "Hey, are you trying to look like Marilyn Manson? Haha!" :err:

I heard this satanic stuff enough i would like to know what do you people do about it? live with it?
The general people i just diminish and ignore if someone thinks DT is satanic without listening to the lyrics or reading them first i just get that stupid idiot out of my life. With my family i went to great trouble to explain its a stupid cliche of morons in the 80 i hate just as much as they do, and they live me alone about it. The rest of my family ( not my imediate family ) fall in the got them the fuck out of my life forever category lets just say im not fond in the xmas parties this time of year cause they all get around the table to pray and i go to the kitchen to eat and everyone is fucking whispering about how satanic i am all night so i just eat like a goddamn pig and ask my dad for a ride home....and that and other 3 or 4 times at year are about the only time i ever see them.

When I used to work at stern's, after a credit card transaction I would ask the person to sign the electronic pad thingy. Some people actually took out their own REAL pen and tried to sign the thing. For those of you unfamiliar with this device, there is an electronic pen attached to the signing pad.

When I first moved to USA people would often ask me very stupid questions about my homeland. Such as, "Do you have telephones where you come from?" and "Do you have shoes in your country?"

I also get annoyed by people who talk about god as though he really exists. And people who won't do or say certain things because they fear god’s punishment. I feel sorry for people like that, they are never truly free to express themselves. They constantly doubt their actions.

Lot of them I heard Belial say like some kids at school say all of the time that piss me off are " Your santanic" or " Cut your hair your starting to look like a girl hahahaha" I cant stand when people says those thing I really feel like killing them when they say that. The one that I cant stand by far the most is when

People have not even heard the bands that I listen to and they say "all of the bands you listen to just sit there and scream the whole time" then they says something like " You listen to no name fag bands you should listen to bands with talent like Limp Bizkit or Korn or Linkin Park." I at least hear one or all of these once a day while I am at school.

There are only about four people at my school I that I know of that listen to Opeth and all of those are my friends. Now Here are some things I hear people says but not at me that I cant stand "Your mom" or "Scary Movie 1 & 2, American Pie 1 & 2, and Not Another Teen Movie are the funniest movies I have ever seen in my life" I hate when people say that sorry if there are people on this board that like those movies but I cant stand those type of piece of shit movies and when people do South Park impressions sorry if there are any fans of this show but I cant stand it, theres nothing funny about at all.

There are also stupid people at my school that thinks it is funny to walk up to a chinese person and start mocking them and going " woog chong..." know thats one of the stupidest things. Or when somebody mocks a retarded kid.

I have only gotten really mad at a couple times but that was last year where I punch the same person it the face two time because every single day when I would wear my Opeth or Emperor or Children of Bodom or In Flames or Dark Tranquility or Katatoina shirt he would try and write on them with permant marker and he would says stupid things like " Here's my impression of Opeth I want to go to hell I want to go to hell" (saying it while acting like he's play the guitar in a deep voice) after I punch him he never talked to me for about a week but then him and his friend thought was funny to start doing again and the same thing happened again.

Then of course like a lot of you have been saying when people ask me if I am satanic and I say know I am Athyist and I dont beliven God or Satan they always say "your going to go to hell". Or like one of my friends said a girl in his speech class did a speech on trying to convice people to be a christian that is just plain out stupid because there are so many people that dont go to church but they says they believen God but in the bible I have yeard if you says curse words or the lords name in vein and dont confess your sins your going to hell. That means there will be millions of people in hell more than in heaven. I dont believen any of it.

The thing with my parents is my Dad likes a lot of the stuff I listen to like Children of Bodom and fast tenchical stuff but you does not care to much for Opeth or some the other but he says he likes DT also and In Flames. With my mom when I really used to be into Death Metal shitty bands like Cannible Corpse and Six Feet Under and Mortician she took away my Cannible Corpse cd (The Bleeding) because she said it was sexest towards women and all of this crap but I never really cared because during that time I was really starting to get in to Opeth and Emperor and other band. I showed her all of my cd's she like Popcupine Tree and Katatonia's new stuff (Tonight's Decision and Last Fair Deal Gone Down) she could really care less now because she knows my personality and she knows I wont turn into a mass murder like she used to say when I showed her Mortician.

Originally posted by Despot
When I used to work at stern's, after a credit card transaction I would ask the person to sign the electronic pad thingy. Some people actually took out their own REAL pen and tried to sign the thing. For those of you unfamiliar with this device, there is an electronic pen attached to the signing pad.

When I first moved to USA people would often ask me very stupid questions about my homeland. Such as, "Do you have telephones where you come from?" and "Do you have shoes in your country?"

I also get annoyed by people who talk about god as though he really exists. And people who won't do or say certain things because they fear god’s punishment. I feel sorry for people like that, they are never truly free to express themselves. They constantly doubt their actions.

That's damn funny, and kind of shitty at the same time. "Do you have phones and shoes in your country?" What the hell kind of a question is THAT!?

I've met my share of religious zealots who don't do the things they want or say the things they want because they fear the wrath of God. That's a trap many people fall into. When they live their lives in fear of the very God they claim loves them so much. I guess that's where the term "God-fearing" came from.

Wrath is a deadly sin, yet God is by far THE MOST wrathful entity ever concieved. I mean, he's a genocidal maniac, and jealous to the point where he'll condemn you to an eternity of fiery torment if you don't believe in him or spend your life telling him how great he is and trying to please him.

God didn't make man in his image. Man made God in their image. Hateful, prideful, jealous, and hypocritical. One reason I have so much disdain for organized religion, especially those that involve God.

I've always loved the pretentious fanboy types of bands like Dream Theater who try to tell me I just don't "get" their favorite act. No, I "get" it, you homos, it's just that your heroes couldn't write a decent song to save their lives.

Originally posted by Armageddon's Child
I've always loved the pretentious fanboy types of bands like Dream Theater who try to tell me I just don't "get" their favorite act. No, I "get" it, you homos, it's just that your heroes couldn't write a decent song to save their lives.

That's a joke, isnt it? Or a really good attempt at flame bait.

"It's been a long time since they played good metal on the radio" (Slipknot-Left Behind playing)

"Opeth" use accoustic instruments? They arent really metal then. (Slipknot is more metal than they are! have you heard IOWA?"

After I let someone borrow a burned Katatonia cd "Are they trying to sound all depressed like Staind?"

Why the hell do those burger jockies ask me.."Wanna try an apple pie today" after I finish ordering? I would of ordered one if I wanted one!

"You need a hair cut!"

Radio advertisement- "......$13.99 and my vote for album of the year, Staind-Break the Cycle. Moving, intelligent, and powerful. A true masterpiece".

"7-string guitars are better!"

belial - my avatar? that's angelina jolie.

zeanra - intelligent conversation is definitely a key factor when i'm choosing my friends. i never mean to discriminate, yet in general i find it's important to respect what the other person is saying in order to have compatibility.

Originally posted by crumbling mirth
zeanra - intelligent conversation is definitely a key factor when i'm choosing my friends. i never mean to discriminate, yet in general i find it's important to respect what the other person is saying in order to have compatibility.
I do respect other people's opinions and I like to listen what they have to say, but what she said was something totally silly and not close to the things which I usually talk about. For instance, I'd be talking about Opeth with my friend and then someone would come saying "I was riding yesterday, and I fed my fave pony".....So...............hmm...I probably lost the point :p

Me at mcdonalds: i'd like a big mac menu plz
girl behind counter: would u like a big mac with that?

WTF? :loco:

am i missing something here? :err: is it possible to order a big mac menu and NOT get a big mac? or was she actually that dumb... :p

Just now me and my father had a digagreement because he threw away a box of my treasured possessions, and I insisted on going outside and digging them out of the trash.

Me: Meanwhile, you have over seven hundred video cassettes in the attic, how would you feel if I called them junk?

Father: (Incoherant yelling, screaming, and cursing at me)