Dumbest things

Originally posted by opeth9999
There are only about four people at my school I that I know of that listen to Opeth and all of those are my friends.

Man you're lucky... My school is really small (about 300 people) and the heaviest music the people here listen to is Deftones... Most are into pop or rap or crossover, though

Originally posted by Belial

God didn't make man in his image. Man made God in their image. Hateful, prideful, jealous, and hypocritical.

A very good example of just how ass-backwards this world can be. They are the illogical ones, yet we are made to seem in the wrong. Millions more have died in the name of God than anyone else. :err:

Mhhhh... just noticed something very strange.
At the one hand you guys always say "Why do people always have those prejudices against (death) metal when they don't know the lyrics and stuff?" but on the other hand you say something like "God is by far THE MOST wrathful entity ever concieved. I mean, he's a genocidal maniac, and jealous to the point where he'll condemn you to an eternity of fiery torment if you don't believe in him or spend your life telling him how great he is and trying to please him."
Do you know the lyrics of the bible? Do you? REALLY? ;)
Read it again and try to read inbetween the lines!

And btw, no I'm not a dumb fanatic spamming metal forums to prove to you that metal sucks. Opeth is one of my favourite bands, too, and I saw them live at Wacken :loco:

Originally posted by AxXiZ
Mhhhh... just noticed something very strange.
At the one hand you guys always say "Why do people always have those prejudices against (death) metal when they don't know the lyrics and stuff?" but on the other hand you say something like "God is by far THE MOST wrathful entity ever concieved. I mean, he's a genocidal maniac, and jealous to the point where he'll condemn you to an eternity of fiery torment if you don't believe in him or spend your life telling him how great he is and trying to please him."
Do you know the lyrics of the bible? Do you? REALLY? ;)
Read it again and try to read inbetween the lines!

And btw, no I'm not a dumb fanatic spamming metal forums to prove to you that metal sucks. Opeth is one of my favourite bands, too, and I saw them live at Wacken :loco:

A valid point, I suppose, but the stories of the bible are part of the consciousness of our Judeo-Christian society. I don't need to read the bible (although I have read some of it) to know what Jesus was all about, or who Noah is, or what the Ten Commandments say, or what any of the major underlying principles of the religion are. Death metal lyrics are NOT part of our culture, and thus people who pre-judge their meaning are doing so from a far greater ignorace - they don't have the vaguest idea at all - just pre-concieved notions due to the supposed audio/visual asthetics of SOME bands, and not others. For the sake of my arguement, I think it's safe to say that there's only one bible.

As for reading between the lines, that'd be personally interpreting the Bible, which is a no-no according to Fundamentalist Christians (or at least the ones I've talked to). I think denoting God as a dictator IS reading between the lines, myself, considering that the Bible obviously only wants to paint a positive portrait of their God, sans interpretation.

...not that this matters or this is the thread to argue this, but I couldn't resist making this point :)

Soo... adorning TWO avatars, is Angelina Jolie now the forum's most popular specific avatar subject?

Originally posted by Human Life

After I let someone borrow a burned Katatonia cd "Are they trying to sound all depressed like Staind?"

:mad:
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
breath in lindsay, just calm down.....
:)
lol

Why the hell do those burger jockies ask me.."Wanna try an apple pie today" after I finish ordering? I would of ordered one if I wanted one!

they are forced to do that

One of the dumbest things I witnessed was last winter. I am a mover, and last winter I had a job moving these people into their brand new house. When we got there neither the driveway nor the sidewalk was shoveled. We told the guy that we couldn’t move in his stuff, and he proceeded to ask why. On top of that display of ignorance, when he finally did shovel the walkways, we noticed that there was no concrete it was all dirt, another tidbit he failed to mention.

Granted the bible has wonderful messages. I'd become a Christian tomorrow if it wasn't for fucking christians...

The message is right, only humans are incapable of responding to it.

We turn into.. well, animals.

Ironic really....

Originally posted by Misanthrope
i was entering a final test all ready with my pencil on hand and my school credential on the other and the teacher says " were you in my class" i said " No im taking a 4 hour test sitting on my ass until the line in my cheeks deletes just for fun thanks"

Another favorite im wearing my TSOP tshirt and i ASK for a death cd in the flea market and people ask me "Do you like Death ?" . Damn like im wearing the tshirt just because the red color and the naked people looks nice.

Never thought about seeing a psychiatrist about your "misanthropy" ?

In my pre metal days:

"what they don't even know what there playing they just hit the strings randomly" listening to metallica

Opps... now there one of my favorite bands :) well the 0lder stuff

One of my friends sister they where in an argument and she said "well if your so smart you should call yourself stupid."

I know I've said a lot of stupid stuff cause my brother always laughs at me I have this gift for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

ok, this didn't happen to me.....but it was such a perfect timing that I've gotta share it with you.

it was in high-school...

a group of classmates were holding this speech about homosexuality. They explained that 10% of the human race are homosexual. Some loudmouth quickly came up with: "So there's three in this class.......I wonder who they are"

well, the door opened, and three other classmates who were late just came through the door...one of them smiling and saying:
"Here we are".....everyone started laughing hysterically....even the teacher..... those three guys stopped smiling as soon as they understood what everyone was laughing at.

(this is meant as no form of offense to any homosexuals on this board.......I just found their timing to be pretty outstanding and wanted to share it)