Dunlop Heavy Core strings

Kyle, you can order custom sets from most D'Addario dealers.

I used their standard 11-56 for a while but wasn't digging how light the 2nd and 3rd string were...

So I ordered an 11-15-24w-32-44-56 set from World of Strings. They don't charge me much more than what a regular set costs.

Only downside is all the ball ends of the strings are brass instead of the nice D'Ad colors from the standard sets, but oh well... lol

it's funny now that i read this thread since it's the exact same reason i switched from Ernie Balls to Daddarios. At first i tried Daddarios because i really like the tension balance of their 52-11 6-string set. I recently started realizing that i'm changing strings way less frequently :Spin:

Dont you guys like GHS? I feel they last longer than Daddario here with 85% air humidity.

I have the GHS Gilmour Gibson Signature set on my Epiphone, since I dig the combination of 12's for low and 10's for highs on the 24.75'' scale.
They play and sound quite cool live and for rehearsal, but I think they die sooner on me than D'Addarios.
Dunno yet which strings to take with that guitar for serious recording...10's D'Addarios worked good last time on the 25.5'' guitar.

Wanted to try out the heavy cores, but since so many of you say they die too soon I'm gonna stay away from them...also more a fan of D'Addario than Earnie Ball here!