Duuuuuuude ... I'm beyond thrilled ...

Mario Batali is the one that's leaving? I thought it'd be Cat Cora. I like her, but she loses quite a bit more than the other Iron Chefs. Why is Batali leaving?

He hasn't been on the show for the entire current season, and only one show last season:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Iron_Chef_America_episodes#Season_7:_2008-2009

I heard that he and the Food Network don't get along too well. He has pretty much moved on to do other shows on PBS and the like. I think he is (or was) under contract for Food Network for another show, but when that contract is up he'll probably move on to his other shows.

I'm just speculating that he's leaving. He may not be and they'll be up to 6 Iron Chefs - or another chef may be leaving. But I don't think they'll keep 6 chefs around. Seems like one is on the way out - and Mario is probably the one to go.

More OT: Does anybody notice the blurring of the lines between Food Network and the Travel Channel? I like to watch Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods (now Bizarre Worlds) and Man V. Food. You'd think they would make more sense on the Food Network.

More OT: Does anybody notice the blurring of the lines between Food Network and the Travel Channel? I like to watch Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods (now Bizarre Worlds) and Man V. Food. You'd think they would make more sense on the Food Network.

From what I understand it started with Bourdain moving to Travel Channel from Food Network because the network was far more willing to give him creative freedom on his show. All three are at least somewhat related to traveling.

I actually got tickets for the end of November for Bourdain's tour.

Food Network has their own Bizarre Foods spinoff with Jeff Corwin. I prefer Andrew Zimmern's show. I love Jeff Corwin, but I love him more as the Animal Planet guy, than I do as a Food Network guy.

We had some problems with our phone/cable lines this morning, so the cable guy came out, did his magic, and now it all works as should.

BUT - somehow he apparently gave us a bigger cable package than the standard one we used to have, because I can now watch the FOOD CHANNEL!!!

YAY!!!!! I love Food Channel. This is seriously one of the best days of my life - I'm soooo happy ....

<CHEER> "food channel, food channel, food channel ..." </CHEER>

c.

PS: if anyone need me for anything work related - forget it - I'm watching the Food Channel!!!

I guess you and I have no life to speak of, I love the food channel, "Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives", Boy meets grill, "Throwdown, are my favorites.

I can't handle ICA. I love the original IC, but not ICA. Bobby Flay is too much of a douchebag, haha. I can't have someone who might be able to usurp my throne. :lol:

That's why I like it though. Flay is such a horrible chef that it pisses me off. That famous Swedish/Ethiopian(?)celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson battled Flay and all his corn-based dishes were really cool and well thought out. Flay's were just like "yea so I took Alaskan king crab and deep fried it in corn and then reduced it into a corn sauce and sprinkled some Monterrey jack cheese and jalapeno peppers with corn fritters on top, ye dog" and he fucking won. Shit made me rage... why do I watch it again?

Oops... you're right. I apparently mixed up real people vs. screen names (though I would of sworn I was writing to ski bum...)

sorry for the confusion,
RonCK

The food network is indeed awesome, and I agree that Bobby Flay is a tool. Alton Brown is definitely far superior.

I'm not really clear where all the Bobby Flay hate is coming from. I watch a lot of the Food Network and I've yet to see an example of him behaving like an ego. He rarely ever wins on Throwdown, and he's always gracious about it. If he's such a tool, he's the most gracious tool I've ever seen.

I'm not really clear where all the Bobby Flay hate is coming from. I watch a lot of the Food Network and I've yet to see an example of him behaving like an ego. He rarely ever wins on Throwdown, and he's always gracious about it. If he's such a tool, he's the most gracious tool I've ever seen.

It's not an issue of ego, it's that he's a terrible chef who only basically makes what's on Fridays' menu and then thinks of himself as a top class chef.