dv247.com ....any experiences?

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Anyone of you has any experience with dv247.com?
I found fantastic prices and I ordered a profire 2626 and a focusrite octopre le.
The profire was in stock and I bought it the 10 january but after 2 days they said me the interface was no more in stock and that it arrive there in late january.
Monday I ordered the octopre, in stock, but today they haven't shipped it yet..

Anyone of you has negative experiences with them?

Competitive is an understatement! (trust me, I know... :erk:)

More like M-M-Mega Kill! or Fatality! or just plain ruthless :lol:

DV247 vs. Thomann vs. random Finnish store:

Marshall JCM800 2203 Reissue:
1071 EUR | 1666 EUR | 1650 EUR

Peavey 6505
758 EUR | 1111 EUR | 1050 EUR

Orange Thunderverb 200H
1338 EUR | 1777 EUR | 1499 EUR (!)

Dynaudio BM6A Mk II (pair)
975 EUR | 1444 EUR | 1396 EUR

Cubase 4
347 EUR | 555 EUR | 555 EUR

Shure SM7B
376 EUR | 498 EUR | (unavailable)

Some items are really cheap but others are pretty similar with the other shops.
I've just written them a mail asking about the shipping delay....hope they'll answer.
I think they are pretty busy in these days because the pund is very low, so they have some delays in the shipping......at least I hope it's for this :)

i got my octorpre le from there, took about a week and a half, but it was the best price around, as were a lot of other things ive got from there.

cant put a bad word against them as they always kept me informed of whats going on.

Today I wrote in their forum. I found another guy that didn't receive any information from them (blocked orders and no answer to the emails) and I wrote my experience. A guy from dv staff answered and asked us the order numbers...but I still haven't receive informations. Hope tomorrow they will do their job

Digital Village are one of the best companies in the UK for pro audio gear (well, they are now Turnkey went bust). What you have to be aware of is that they are a chain of shops so stock levels can change quicker than can be updated online. If they still don't sort it out I'd give one of their stores a call and get them to chase it up.

They still don't answer. And today another news...the focusrite I bought monday for 322£, now costs 420£....I hope it's not the reason because they haven't shipped yet.
I've already said them I'll not pay any addictional money for their delay.
Moreover I ordered the m-audio the 10th january...after 2 days they said me that it was no more available...and today it's still not available.
Hope they will give me some news and hope that monday that fuckin' m-audio will be available.

M-Audio take FOREVER to ship stuff if it's not in stock. If it's not in the UK it has to come from the main European distribution warehouse in the Netherlands iirc (not a fault of DV's but the distributer). The order would take about 1 week to be fully processed by the distro and then take at least 2 weeks to get to the store that ordered it, that's assuming it's in stock. Given that it's only just 14 days I'd give them time and just ask them to chase up the distributer.

Just in case it sounds like I do, I DO NOT work for Digital Village, I don't even live near one of their stores - I'm just used to the shit we used to have to deal with from distributers not having gear in that we needed for our customers at Sound Control/Turnkey.

My problem is not about the m-audio, because they said me it takes some time to arrive in the shop (late january). My problem is about the focusrite, that was in stock, it is still in stock but after a whole week they write/answer me nothing and, of course, they shipped nothing. Hope monday there will be some good news.
Thank you for your support :)

More like M-M-Mega Kill! or Fatality! or just plain ruthless :lol:

DV247 vs. Thomann vs. random Finnish store:

Marshall JCM800 2203 Reissue:
1071 EUR | 1666 EUR | 1650 EUR

Peavey 6505
758 EUR | 1111 EUR | 1050 EUR

Orange Thunderverb 200H
1338 EUR | 1777 EUR | 1499 EUR (!)

Dynaudio BM6A Mk II (pair)
975 EUR | 1444 EUR | 1396 EUR

Cubase 4
347 EUR | 555 EUR | 555 EUR

Shure SM7B
376 EUR | 498 EUR | (unavailable)

That's just unreal, if i ever go on a shopping spree i must do it here, it would save you hundreds of euros!
Why are they so cheap? i mean.. how can they do this?