DVD on the way

Blakkheim said:
to set things straight and eliminate rumours: we never recorded those two cover songs. simple as that. the other track from the VE sessions is unfortunately lost due to a fatal hardrive crash. the news almost broke my heart. why didn't u have the song on a back up i hear u say? well the song WAS on a backup drive and that's the one which crashed. we've examined every possibility of recovering the drive, but its not possible. we're probably taking that song with us into the writing for the new album tho as it was the most aggressive song we've done for years.[/

How much would you pay to recover your broken heart??? Well, seriously (seriously!), I lost a lot of data at work, cause our raid system fucked up and filesystem was lost. No chance for recovering anything, people said. We gave the machine to a professional recovery company, you can check out (www.data-recovery.de). Even though the disks were very full and its was just striped harddisks, the could recover EVERYTHING! I ate 5000 bananas because I could get my data back, but after reading the list with recovered data, I saw the price:(; 6800 Euros!! No chance to anyhow pay this. But for smaller disks, it should be less expensive, I think! If you want, you should try it! Because we wanna hear the song.

You've probably tried something like this, but unless the disk is physically destroyed you can recover lost files with a program called 'get data back'.

Peaceville will be issuing a limited edition compilation entitled 'The Black Sessions' featuring selected material from the "new era" (defined 1998-2004) as opposed to the "old era" material covered in 'Brave Yester Days' at the end of January. The packaging will be a box set of two discs featuring all the single's b-sides, cover songs and selective songs off 'Discouraged Ones' up and til 'Viva Emptiness' (including one unreleased track from this recording session). There'll also be a third disc in the form of a live DVD with a Katatonia live show from April 2003 that was shot in Kracow, Poland. The layout of a 12 page booklet + poster will be handled by Travis Smith.

THIS is what I can't wait for!! YESSS!!!