Your ideas/opinions on what should be included on the upcoming DVD...

zzz said:
The title says it all...
And since the fans are what help the band, what do you think would be a cool addition to the upcoming DVD?
(If it's not already completed)

Here's mine:

1) Do you guys remember the old Katatonia site (LFDGD era)?
Remember the intro had the catchiest gloomy melody that would repeat itself perpetually
and people would ask where it came from and Anders stated it was created only for the website and now its gone?
They should add that intro melody for the upcoming DVD menu list!

2) A ton of bootleg footage! Whoever has Katatonia shows recorded ...old or new....send them to Anders!
Share the things that some people would never have a chance to see!
He would most likely add it to the DVD too because he is going to add a recording from the BW & BK fest
that I recorded when they played in Cleveland!

3) Make it a 3 disk DVD set!
(Sorta like Dimmu Borgir's - World Misanthropy Limited Edition 3 DVD Box Set)

One Disk can be an entire proffesionaly recorded show (with backstage footage, interviews, etc)
Second Disk can be a bunch of random bootleg footage (old Katatonia)
Disk Three can be a bunch of random bootleg footage (new Katatonia)

As Anders stated himself:

this dvd has been a long process... the label really just wants to see it on the shelves,
but we just dont want it to come out half assed, so its takin longer than expected.
if it was purely up to me, i wouldn't release a dvd yet. i'd wait for years and years of
exclusive footage and do it in a big way. A new main show for this DVD will be planned and
shot with more careful directing behind it during next year (tba). We're also pretty far
on our way of gathering cool backstage and bootleg shots with our own handycam,
that will in the end make up some great bonus footage for a well worthwhile killer release.

So what are your ideas? We still might have some time!

I was so looking forward to hearing that Riff on LFDGD... then I found out that it was only for the site.. I recorded it .. but lost it somewhere..
I can almost recall what it sounds like

They showing how personal their lyrics are, and they are so open they feel naked.
And on the DVD, everyone has to be naked!
With the idea:"Don't be scared, everyone has te same fears."

I have a good point here, right?

Moelanoe said:
They showing how personal their lyrics are, and they are so open they feel naked.
And on the DVD, everyone has to be naked!
With the idea:"Don't be scared, everyone has te same fears."

I have a good point here, right?

I actually think that IS a good point, although I dont want to see them naked I think that the fear part is guite Katatonia....but NO I think that nakedness (even chicks) would take away from the DVD....Katatonia isnt about sexiness and shit....at least not to me......it is about fear and being alone....and sometimes a possibility of conquering that fear that I feel, and even the posibility of not being alone if just for a second. :zzz:

since it seems like they are going to shoot a video for the new album, I hope the videoclip will be included in the dvd...

Jinn said:
I want Katatonia to promise on the DVD that they'll come to America.
Jinn, your desire is equal to mine. I live in Hawaii, but I would seriously consider going to the mainland to see them. They must come. They must realise how many fans they have here!