DVD Preview!

Absolutly awesome!!! Watching it felt like being at your concert again... And that was so great! Looking forward to see you on DVD and (of couse) live again.

Yip brought back memories - can't wait too buy the dvd & cd
see if I'm on it hehe

an awesome gig & gonna be an awesome dvd

thanks guys

keep it metal

unruly

I know they used 15 hi-def cameras but do they have to show every single camera angle withina 20 second time span? I hope (but doubt) that it's not all edited with so many extremely quick cuts....

EDIT: For example, the quick cut in 1:08 time mark, the one with the light shining right at the camera could have been cut to make another shot longer, along with the next shot of Jonas, since its less than a second long.

I'm not trying to criticize, but I wish the editing was a bit more consistent with the production value of the actual show.

BlindPanzer said:
I know they used 15 hi-def cameras but do they have to show every single camera angle withina 20 second time span? I hope (but doubt) that it's not all edited with so many extremely quick cuts....

Im not sure that's actually is representing for the dvd stuff, could well enough be for the promo video of it, More than Ever. Well, it rocks :)

The performance sounds outstanding, camera work is fine and the sound was good already in the clip. But I've got one question:

The preview clip was in 4:3 picture format. Was it modified for some reason just for that clip, or will the DVD really be in that format? If the show was filmed with HD cameras, how this could even be possible? For what I've understood the HD resolution is always in 16:9 ratio.

As I'm one of those who own a widescreen TV, you can understand I'm dissapointed if a DVD with otherwise such a modern tech and perfect performance and all has got a 4:3 picture format. I just wonder who is that for, because the number of widescreen TVs is increasing and the new technology will soon make old-fashioned 4:3 all useless.

If it was an actual preview I would agree with you, but that looks to me more like a sneak peek,an exerpt from a song. I would actually put money down on this and say thats exactly how the show is going to look, unless Evergrey found a dedicated video group willing to edit the same song twice (one for the preview, one for the dvd) instead of just making a clip collage for the preview.

Remember also that different songs may be edited differently. ' More than ever' has a fast opening so they edited accordingly. I don't think it'll be the same way for every other song.

If I remember good, it is said that More Than Ever will be released as a single with a videoclip and this is the preview of it. Myb the dvd song More Than Ever will be different

This is what Tom said: "The only way to make a video clip intresting is to use this high temp editing."

ProgPower said:
If I remember good, it is said that More Than Ever will be released as a single with a videoclip and this is the preview of it. Myb the dvd song More Than Ever will be different

This is what Tom said: "The only way to make a video clip intresting is to use this high temp editing."

I understand what you're saying. I personally think it would have more of an impact if they didn't use all the camera angles so many times, because by the first 20 seconds of the song you have already seen all the camera angles you are going to see in the video. Less is good! Gives it more of a personal feeling rather than nausea. A perfect example of this would be the Rage dvd, tru they did use far less cameras but they stick with the one on the jib for the main shots and the ones in cranes for close ups

But then again what do I know? I guess my film school professors must be wrong... :Smug:

After all, the main attraction of the DVD is EVERGREY! not how many camera angles they can cram in 5 seconds. Evergrey is a kickass band live :headbang: and by making so much high temp editing, it only detracts from the experience and the band itself.

:wave:

The preview looks great!! And does the evening justice.
Really makes me eager to see the rest... Oh and yes it does hurt when it breaks off...So can't wait for the thing to be released...
Can we pre-order????? (hopeful hint!)

BlindPanzer said:
I understand what you're saying. I personally think it would have more of an impact if they didn't use all the camera angles so many times, because by the first 20 seconds of the song you have already seen all the camera angles you are going to see in the video. Less is good! Gives it more of a personal feeling rather than nausea. A perfect example of this would be the Rage dvd, tru they did use far less cameras but they stick with the one on the jib for the main shots and the ones in cranes for close ups

But then again what do I know? I guess my film school professors must be wrong... :Smug:

After all, the main attraction of the DVD is EVERGREY! not how many camera angles they can cram in 5 seconds. Evergrey is a kickass band live :headbang: and by making so much high temp editing, it only detracts from the experience and the band itself.

:wave:

You do realize that this was only a preview cut specifically for the preview and not the DVD?