DVD time!

Black Lagoon said:
Seeing the whole of Sea of Life and Frozen Rainbow would have been a whole lot better.

True.

I have watched the whole DVD now, and I like it, it is really good, but, except one thing, that bothers me -a lot. This:

dvd_1.jpg
dvd_2.jpg

Why, WHY IN EARTH DO THEY ZOOM A NAZI -IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EXCELLENT DRUM SOLO- DOING A "HEIL HITLER"??? WHY :yell:

Except for that shit, the DVD is good.

And here's a teaser for you whwo haven't seen it:
dvd_3.jpg

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I really enjoyed the press section (along with its live Frozen Rainbow in the background!), and the fact that Saxon caused an avalanche in Switzerland is quite fun too.

I got the DVD today from HMV, I'm inpressed with the distribution, I've seen the DVD in loads of cd shops. Anyway, paid my £20 for it and was wetting myself just looking at the excellent packaging. Icing on the cake would have been a real leather cover !! hehe

Anyway, I loved both dvds but I was pissed off when they cut out the first song of the set, Killing Ground. Why? It's a superb song and looks stupid when it goes from the intro to another song.

Sound is pretty good, guitars could be a tad louder.

Dogs of War is a monster!!! Best song on the dvd for me along with Metalhead.

yeh anyway, buy it !!

Its the dogs bullox, got it yesterday, watched it all last night. Well done to all concerned for releasing a quality package that looks as good as it is.

Only slight downside is I was kinda hoping that the Dogs of war vid clip would have been included but no matter, IT ROCKS!

Chronicles was well worth the wait. The sound quality alone on the WOA disc is excellent. Good to be reminded how cheesy Saxon were on TOTP duiring the early 80s, no wonder my brother took the piss outa-me.

I'm waiting too. I see a few on E-bay of you want to fork out the 40-50 bucks.
I'll wait for Amazon. After waiting all summer for this, what's another 5 weeks?

I'm going to pick up the Quiet Riot DVD to hold me over.
Oh... they announced a break up last week.
Too bad, they did a lot of New Jersey shows this year and I missed them all.
I could have had a chance to see Rudy Sarzo one last time.

Crusader said:
What hidden inteerview? Do you click somewhere? tell me tell me tell me
He he, sorry haven't been on the board in a while. Seems like noones found it yet then... Hmmmm, should I tell or not....

OK, I will seeing as I didn't find it myself (isn't Biff a nice chappy?)
Right, on disc 2 in the TV section, wait until 'Breakfast with Biff' comes on. When Cheggers asks about the Crusader painting, a name pops up, if you press enter now, you'll be taken to a secret interview with the album artist (forgotten his name, paul someone or other) Not much, but secret all the same... shhhh

Thanks Metallian for that inside info, I just saw the interview with Paul Gregory,, was great to see him,, (even though it was short,,lol) hes a brilliant artist.

i miss the days when we had vinyl and the sleeves were big so you could appreciate the artwork. i always remember iron maidens covers , Derik Riggs is my hero on album cover artwork,, just amazing paintings and so detailed. i for one dont think Iron maiden would have been as big as they became if it wasnt for the Eddie Character Derik Riggs came up with,,,,, does anyone agree or are iron maiden that good!?...lol certainly the first two albums are classics,,, but after that,,,hmmmmm I for one got a bit bored,,, :eek:(

I did not quite like the Dance of Death artwork, some bad animated strippers and people with animal heads? And Eddie as the grim reaper doesn't fit, I want a big rotten zombie Eddie on the next one! :D Yeah!

I agrre with u in some ways Poxoman, but have you ever seen a band other than Iron maiden been promoted through a creation which represents them meaning 'eddie',, i mean you never see saxon being promoted with the eagle or motorhead with the bomber thingy!,, i think maiden and there management saw the potential of 'eddie' and realy used his character to sell there music, even if it was just to get fans introduced to maiden,, then i guess the music took over,,lol i hope that makes sense and u know what i mean! lol,,, and crusader how about on the next maiden cover we have eddie dressed as julie andrews followed by dwarfs on a top of a hill singing the Sound of music!!!!!! heheheh

That was actually pretty cool with the hidden interview even if it was very short. Never seen Gregory even though I've heard of him for years through his Saxon work.
Who the hell would have found it if you hadn't told us?

Has anyone noticed that the stereo sound is switched on the Rock legends Greatest Hits live DVD. All Paul Quinn's guitars are on the left channel :hotjump:

Is it just the DVD or was this already wrong on the VHS version?? :erk:

Perkunas