Earache Help

Frieza

New Metal Member
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
I sent a mail to the owner guy of Earache the other week asking for some advise and well he's probably too busy to help so I'll ask someone here. Basically I'm tryna set up a record company for our band and we don't know what to do really. So far we've got an EP done you can buy it at www.gigreviewer.com/shop/sa001 but we don't know what to do now. We're tryna get more shows but we're only getting like 2 or 3 a month. So yeah any advise anyone? Also if you have any advise on selling cds from our own site, like how to handle credit cards and stuff safely, that would really help.

Just so you know, we're not going to be rivals of Earche because we've already sent you guys stuff a while ago and you weren't interested so do feel free to help.

Anyone else, not Earache related who may be here feel free to help also. Thanks a lot guys

The easiest way of accepting credit cards on a web site without having to go to the expence and the bother of setting up a merchant account is to use Paypal (www.paypal.com). It's basically a way of transferring cash from one credit card to another. It's got about 20 million folks signed up to the scheme and it's easy to join up if they're not.

If you've only got the one release with your own band, you could try trading your CD with other bands or smaller labels, which would give you a bigger variety of CDs to sell when you play shows. The normal distribution channels (IE: shop distributors) wouldn't be interested until you have at least 10 releases under your belt, so it's not even worth wasting your time there. You could ask your local indie record shops if they would stock the CD though. If they're friendly enough they'll take some on sale or return. Maybe you could butter them up by offering to advertise the shop on your next flyer or poster for a show or something?

Hope this helps a bit.

Lee

Hey. In my local area we have a sort of "Rock Collective" going which has local bands coming together to meet and hang out and organise local gigs. It doesn't just involve rock music as metal bands are involved too, but it helps the local bands get more exposure as they sometimes play shows together if they can get a place booked.
Maybe you should look into doing something similar? I dunno. Its just an idea.