Earcare???

xmortumx

Jun 17, 2008
Quick question how do you guys go about dealing with earcare my main question is what do you guys use to keep them nice and clean. I know its a stupid questions but the care of our ears is very important to us and i was just wondering do any of you guys clean them with those ear drops?

I know many use Q- tips but to me those hurt my ears, and i always try to avoid them because as a child I did some damage to my right ear and i always end up cleaning them with warm water but sometimes i still feel the wax :(.

q-tips are bad for your ears (internally)... also, it's good to have some wax in your ears.

just clean your ears in the shower with mild soap and warm water with a woven cloth.

and that should be gewd! ;)

I'd bet that what you are thinking is wax in your ear is actually your Eustachian tubes functioning properly!

Go swimming.

Sometimes after a swim, my right ear will be slightly lower pitched than my left causing music to sound terribly out of tune.

If I don't q-tip up to maybe 1 cm into my ear canals (AKA not super deep), they itch like CRAZY and feel all slimey - been doing it for years, still hasn't done any damage! (or felt anything other than intensely relieving). Also, I stick the q-tip in and then rotate it around to clean, rather than the ol' in-out (tee hee)

I have some sort of ear drops that I got from the chemist. Since I surf I can get a whole lot of sand and gunk in my ears, this takes care of it.

I've been Q tipping every morning my whole life and have never had any problems. I quit for a couple of months last year after reading about the potential harm it could cause, but all it did was make my musician's earplugs look disgusting so I relapsed. I do the swirly technique as well

qtips were designed to clean hard to reach places... but not inside the ear canal.

i believe all cotton swab boxes even disclaim *do not insert swab directly into ear canal*