OMNIUM GATHERUM [Sa]
DEATHS BOUNDARIES [Sa]
MYTILE LEY VORTH [Act]

CRUCIFIXION SUNDAY 20th APRIL 2003
Rockape, Dickson - 5pm to 1am
0/18 - $15 entry

SUPPORT THE SONIK WAR

www.blacktalonmedia.cjb.net

Draven Mist if you are under age come to Sydney on the 19th Apr (Easter Sat) for Morbid Tales Sydney at Blacktown RSL 10AM-1AM. It's both ALL AGES and licensed event. There has been some very small line up changes so the cofirmed and final line up is as follows

Dungeon
Earth (VIC)
Psycroptic (TAS)
Astriaal (QLD)
Sakkuth (QLD)
Anarazel (VIC)
Blood Duster (special arvo performace as special guest to the fest)
Headmess
Deaths Boundaries (SA)
Omnium Gatherum (SA)
Raven Black Night (SA)
Abrasion (VIC)
Vaticide
Tyburnjig
Eternal Dark (Orange)
Inferis

Raffles, giveaways and merch stands will be available on the day

The Pimp will be at that gig (most likely working), but only under the condition that no cunt is going to try and nail me to anything this time (like at Armoured Angel's last album launch Good Friday 1999).
Just the problem of looking like a metalhead Jesus.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

entersix said:
I would imagine Blacktalon will be there since he's the organiser

...and he's also in one of the bands playing!
wink.gif

Goreripper said:
...and he's also in one of the bands playing!
wink.gif

Hehe now I feel like a dick – let me guess he’s in Astriaal who I bagged on another thread?

Also does anyone know where to download Death's Boundaries songs as I don’t think I’ve heard their music but have heard good things about them – although are they on the South Aust compilation tape? (sorry but I am at work and can’t check my copy)

Mendicant, yes it starts at five and if that is too early to listen to metal then feel free to sit at home and catch Channel V's Britney special you fok! In Brisbane we start listening to metal and drinking when the sun comes up but hey we are just heavy up here...

hahaha

Yes i am in a few bands, but your opinion on any of them means nothing to me. I look forward to meeting you and being incredibly bored, but enthused that i have had the pleasure of meeting you.

Nah in all seriousness, I appreciate your comments... but they mean nothing to me... hahahahaha... Astriaal is not for everyone, it takes an appreciation of music and darkness that not everyone can quite grasp at first.

Maybe you will be converted, maybe you wont... but then again i really dont give a fukk...

See you at Easter..

Blacktalon Media said:
Mendicant, yes it starts at five and if that is too early to listen to metal then feel free to sit at home and catch Channel V's Britney special you fok! In Brisbane we start listening to metal and drinking when the sun comes up but hey we are just heavy up here...

hahaha

Yes i am in a few bands, but your opinion on any of them means nothing to me. I look forward to meeting you and being incredibly bored, but enthused that i have had the pleasure of meeting you.

Nah in all seriousness, I appreciate your comments... but they mean nothing to me... hahahahaha... Astriaal is not for everyone, it takes an appreciation of music and darkness that not everyone can quite grasp at first.

Maybe you will be converted, maybe you wont... but then again i really dont give a fukk...

See you at Easter..

the problem with 5pm starts is that we Canberrans stay up so late partying we have only had 1-2 hours sleep by the time 5pm comes around
wink.gif

you are right though I probably am boring in person but if you like I'll buy you a beer and see if I can pay out your bands some more :D

and don't worry I'll just tape the Britney special to add to my collection - she rocks!!

Goreripper said:

Well I was joking actually – too many cones does not make for 7am partying
zombie.gif
plus I am a whopping 29 now so I can’t go to bed too late... - although ACT doesn't have those crazy alcohol laws where pubs close early or whatever so I could keep going til dawn (theoretically)

I actually went to a newer venue on Fri called The Green Room (over in Phillip) which I think used to be the Henry Gratton – at any rate is was an excellent venue and the PA sounded awesome. I saw Log And Pod People there and both had devastating sounds – Log have 2 bass players so they obviously had a heavier bottom end but Pod’s sound was crystal clear also (Subterranean was hhhheeeeaaaavvvvyyyy). It also had cold beer (Rock Ape take note), a disco ball and functioning air conditioning (RA again) however the downsides were not enough seats, the bar downstairs had more beer on tap than upstairs, Jim Beam and cokes were $6, aircon was too cold (it never rains…) and strangely the space in front of the stage was not big enough – for Pod and Log it wasn’t too bad as the place wasn’t full but for a packed gig it would be damn squashy. I also hope to one day see someone overshoot the mosh and fall down the stairs :heh: But these were minor quibbles which were totally overshadowed by the awesome sound (the most important part of a gig for me) and cold drinks.

I also heard a rumour the Terminus is reopening – anyone heard anything about that? It’d be nice to have a venue in Civic again

Mendicant said:
I also heard a rumour the Terminus is reopening – anyone heard anything about that? It’d be nice to have a venue in Civic again
[/size][/font]

Hey, Mendicant!
Yeah, the rumour of the new Terminus has been making the rounds for a while now. It would be nice to have a club in Civic again for all the deviants and metalheads but, according to my's own sources (a couple of lawyers and Civic bouncers) if a club like the Terminus was to reopen in its old location, it wouldn't be a live venue. Remember the first Gypsy Bar that took over from The Terminus? Shut down because of noise complaints. And that prick who owns Maciarto's and Quartros doesn't take kindly to any compatiton for his prescious, shitty little clubs and cafes. And it will mostly be invaded by homeboy wankers and pretty people within the first week, leaving no room for us average punters.
And I's haven't been out to the Green Room yet. No real interesting gigs and their policy of only two bands a night and one metal gig a month doesn't appeal much to this jaded flesh.
Any-hoo, Mendicant. If ya don't mind I's asking, who are you in the flesh? 'Cause we probably know each other in that unsually Canberra fashion. But it'll be good to have another Canberran to chat with on the board.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack