Easy way to have four cabinet impulses ready to go instantly

McLowery

Feb 6, 2008
I've been tracking / mixing drums with Cubase SX3 lately and when I want to have a guitar present, just to play with my drum riffage or lay down a scratch track I didn't like messing around with such things as what cabinet to use with which preset I'm playing with. So I got this idea to create a GROUP track and load Voxengo's PristineSpace set up to use all 8 channels for swapping out 4 of my most used cabinet impulses. I say four because each cabinet is a 2 channel affair most of the time. Here is a pic of what I am talking about. I mute the other 3 cabinet channels while I'm using whichever. I did experiment with some or all cabs on the signal and it sounds pretty good but I think there is some phase issues with that.

I send whatever track I have set as the guitar tracks left and right to the group channel I created as the guitar channels output. Viola 4 cabinets at the ready.

pspace4x4ah3.jpg

i´ve been using pristine space but in another way combining various impulses and using it in fredman style. U can achieve some interesting results combining them, just set the volume to taste so they blend together and watch out for phase on the impulses.
However don´t forget the settings on that plug...read the manual has it takes a lot of cpu power.
THis plug is great:)