ebay issue what to do

scorpio01169

Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
I bid on some studio equipment, the original asking price was $1500, the seller then raise the price to $1700, which was still well worth it. I was winning the auction until the day of ending... then the seller tried to be sneaky and bid on his own item to up the price, so i put my final offer at $2000. And the seller outbid me another $200. So i gave up. He won the bid, i got an email today from seller asking if i still wanted it at $2000. Am i being an asshole by telling him i would buy it right now for the original asking price of $1700 plus shipping instead of the highest offer of $2000 i was willing to go?

Be careful with that stuff. AFAIK these "underhand" deals are pretty dangerous.

yeah, do whatever you want in terms of price but make him set up a private auction and be sure to keep it as above ground as possible through the whole transaction.

I would consider backing out if you have a bad feeling about it, the hassle will not be worth it if the seller is already being unprofessional.

That's a brilliant (yet totally dickhead-ish) idea to bid on your own item lolol.

With that being said, fuck that. Either ask for the lower price (assuming you still trust him) or find what you need elsewhere.

That's a brilliant (yet totally dickhead-ish) idea to bid on your own item lolol.

With that being said, fuck that. Either ask for the lower price (assuming you still trust him) or find what you need elsewhere.

Tis against ebay policy. I've had friends kicked of ebay because of it (and rightfully so is what I said when they told me).

And honestly I would tell him to get fucked.

Yep, tell him to fuck off.

So, what happens when he wins his own auction? Then what? :lol:

*takes item to post office, gets it shipped back to own house*

Tell him you'll report him for violating the ebay rules if he doesn't agree to sell it to you for 1500$ through private auction... shipping included.

But seriously, tell him to fuck off.

Honestly I'd just ignore the guy and look elsewhere. You already know he's dishonest, so if it were me I wouldn't be sending money his way whatsoever.

**UPDATE**
well I gave him an offer on the item for the original starting price and I guess he wants more. if he had excepted my original high bid of $2000, he would have had it four days ago, but being greedy he now has to find a way to sell to someone else.