Economy

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
I realize this is a known swano topic but i have to ask. Does the economy and job market suck outside of the u.s.? I know a lot of you aren't from the u.s. so i was wondering if anyone can give me some insight.

Thanx

Request_denieD

No not really, the economic situation is quite good but things have been getting "more" expensive here in the last year.
But it´s always expensive here , one beer for example costs 6-7 dollars/euro, a brand new cd costs 29 dollars.

Man, obesity is on the increase in America, isn´t that gonna fuck up the economy?

I want to encourage people to participate in the
"Buy nothing day" on the 29 of november

http://www.adbusters.org/campaigns/bnd/

Request_denieD wrote :

I realize this is a known swano topic but i have to ask. Does the economy and job market suck outside of the u.s.? I know a lot of you aren't from the u.s. so i was wondering if anyone can give me some insight.

the norwegian economy is on the rise these days. Euro and US dollar havent been as weak against NKR in decades.. 12.4 % increased since december 2001... Job marked is great aswell as far is I know.

I think you question is a bit naive.. Does the economy and job marked suck -outside- the U.S.. I`ve learned that there`s alot of problems in U.S aswell.. Take the health-system for excample... I do not like the way the U.S act as world police either.. But that`s something we should debate somewhere else...

Ah, I`m glad this is just a music-realted forum.. Makes everything much more simple :)

It may be a bit naive, but i don't know enough about politics to really put it in better terms. And i completely agree with most of you. Being the world police is fucking stupid, especially when we can't even take care of ourselves here. And as far as obesity is concerned, you're right. I honestly don't know what the solution to that one is, the only thing i can do is keep myself active, watch what i eat, and keep writing music. I'm not a person who is going to attack you because you think america sucks, because honestly i hate most of the stuff that happens here. I am looking to move elsewhere in my future. It has always been a dream of mine to see europe and possible live there some day.

Request_denieD

I was in America(Florida; probably the laziest vacation ever) 4 years a ago and I was surprised to see that EVERYTHING is done for car traffic. When you´re gonna go somewhere you never walk or ride a bicycle(like in Copenhagen and Amsterdam). And you can´t because everything is "designed" for cars and everything is a 5 minute drive away from you. I thought that sucked. And everything in cities is "coordinate-like", so different from European cities.

I don´t think America "sucks" as a whole. Just significant parts of it, like your politics and materialismofdeath, ignorance about the rest of the world, pursuit of everlasting pleasure, and greed.

I´m gonna buy this book someday:

bushisms_bookcover.jpg

"The only thing I know about Slovakia is what I learned first-hand from your foreign minister, who came to Texas."—To a Slovak journalist as quoted by Knight Ridder News Service, June 22, 1999. Bush's meeting was with Janez Drnovsek, the prime minister of Slovenia.

"Do you have blacks, too?"—To Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."—Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001

george4.jpg

"I'm a patient man. And when I say I'm a patient man, I mean I'm a patient man."

Sure you are George, sure you are :lol:

lol...I love ripping on the US. Because I live here. Anyway, I'm blowin' this stinkhole next year to study in Norway (yeah!).

(of course there are some good things about the US, its just more fun to find the bad things)

I would agree with that but one of my best friends is obese, and i really wouldn't change that, though i can't speak for all fat people but most i have come in contact with seem more interesting than "normal" people.

Request_denieD