Eddie, Maidens land movie deal, Iron Maiden still without mascot!

Mr Toast

Threadslayer
Aug 1, 2002
www.mrtoast.com
The Maidens are in the news again...

In another stunning development, The Iron Maidens are hard at work on the set of their new movie, MegaMaiden!

mmlogo.jpg

In a press release today, 21st Century Fox discloses some details of the movie, as well as some production images. Principal photography is taking place around the Los Angeles area, where the movie storyline takes place.

Apparently, several directors were very enthusiastic about the chance to do this movie, including Lucas, Spielberg, Raimi, Tarentino, and Frakes among the contenders. Filmmaker Danny Draven is currently involved with this project, although at this time the studio as not disclosed who ended up in the directors chair...

Eddie, the former mascot for the heavy metal supergroup Iron Maiden, has a supporting role in this movie. This has put his other project (Freddy vs Eddie) on hold until filming of MegaMaiden is completed. At last report, Iron Maiden was still interviewing candidates to replace Eddie, who left the band last year. Eddie has since moved to the Los Angeles area to become The Iron Maidens' full time mascot, and to work on his new career in fims.

Although several actresses were very interested in playing the roles of the various Iron Maidens, the Maidens will be playing themselves in the movie. Our industry sources have hinted that Jennifer Garner, Michelle Yeoh, Halle Berry, and Linda Carter may also have roles in this movie. In addition, former Maidens' bassist Melanie Sisneros plays a rogue vigilante, involved in several plot twists throughout the movie...

The movie storyline has been described as a live action Voltron parody, with the Maidens being part of a secret organization fighting the World Crime League and an alien invasion simultaneously. Buckaroo Banzai is rumored to make a cameo in the film, although Fox has not confirmed this rumor.

Included in the press release were the concept images displayed below. Our source has indicated that Industrial Light and Magic is handling the special effects for the film.

maidensnewdigs2.jpg

wananova.jpg

transmaiden.jpg

The studio has scheduled the movie for an April 2004 release.

Bruce Chickinson said:
I love my car!!!

Very phalic.

I was looking for something totally off the wall, and then I remembered the wienermobile...

It just fit as it is silly (your secret day job as an Oscar Meyer rep?), and has several hidden meanings! I was thinking about having the legendary Chickinson show up in a different vehicle each time the team assembles (as well as a different outfit to match), but the weinermobile is kind of hard to top for a parody!
;)

I also wanted to put the Invisible Jet in the photo, but alas I couldn't find a pic of the jet in my google searches...