Eddie Van Halen tried out for Limp Bizket?

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
This has got to be a joke- if it isnt- i have lost all respect for Eddie Van Halen.

MTV: EDDIE VAN HALEN Tried Out For LIMP BIZKIT - Sep. 22, 2003
Legendary axeman Eddie Van Halen was one of 11 guitarists that auditioned for LIMP BIZKIT during their lengthy search for a replacement for Wes Borland earlier this year, according to a MTV.com news feature on the making of BIZKIT's new album, "Results May Vary".

Not being 100% satisfied with any of the candidates, LIMP BIZKIT frontman Fred Durst eventually called a guitarist he remembered feeling chemistry with a year earlier and asked him to come back. Mike Smith, formerly of SNOT, jammed with the band for 20 minutes before he got the invitation to join.

"He's what we've been looking for," Durst said. "We need an actual guitar player."

"I feel like I play really well with these guys," Smith said.

LIMP BIZKIT would later liken their guitar search to a relationship, saying they could not commit to someone else until they had completely gotten over Borland.

Snot was good, but...it's a testament to Durst's inane stupidity if he wanted Smith over Van Halen.

ugh....NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard this news item from other sources aswell.

epi5ode666 said:
Durst said. "We need an actual guitar player."

what a faggot

I´m pretty sure what he meant there is that he (Fred Durst) is not himself a decent guitar player, so they should have a person there who is.
Not my intention to defend Durst, but that´s it anyway
some words he said along that quote: "What the f--- am I doing? I'm not a guitar player." "With live shows around the corner, that has to change."

btw, from Melodicrock.com

LIMP EXCUSE FOR FRONTMAN TO GRAB SOME PUBLICITY:
It seems Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst has been caught out in another example of his own generated BS. MTV.com featured a report on the new Bizcrap album and the situation of the band needing a new guitarist. Durst stated that, among others, Eddie Van Halen had auditioned for the role. You would think MTV would check that fact - they didn't. But I did - and a trusted source confirmed that Eddie had met with Durst.
But there's more to the story - the truth to be precise. This morning another trusted source - who read my news item yesterday and the MTV piece, e-mailed me with the real details of the pair's meeting.
The absolute truth of the matter is Fred invited Eddie over to jam - which the guitarist did. He just went over and played with them for fun. My source makes this quite clear with the line: "[to suggest that] Eddie auditioned for ANYONE is just pure un adulterated bullshit and it's an insult to Ed and anyone that knows him. Fred, ever the PR man, loves to get his name in the papers... Ed is gonna be pissed off when he finds out what Durst is saying about him!"
Amen to that!

Further info from the Van Halen family - David Lee Roth has cancelled the remaining dates of his current US tour due to the on stage accident last week. No word on when the singer will be back on the road. Strangely - or not - the live dates previously credited to Australia seem to have disappeared.

Sammy Hagar is apparently considering his next move - whether to make a new solo record, or to have a break in 2004. Sadly, there seems to be no movement on the Planet Us front. Hagar will however, complete lead vocal on one track for the next Montrose album, currently in pre-production in LA

solarfall_ said:
I really don't think that Eddie would waste his time! And Digo, I love your avatar! I used to play Day of the Tentacle non-stop as a kid! \m/ hahahah :tickled:

DotT kicks ass, one of the best games ever

the 'new' Guns N Roses which will never be the same... tsk tsk... anyway buckethead's kool but abit weird... did u know why he wears that bucket on his head?

he said in an interview with Guitar World that it's because he uses the souls of all the world's slaughtered chickens to play with. And without his KFC bucket, he's useless as a guitar player.... now aint that some shit :)

Digo said:
I heard this news item from other sources aswell.

I´m pretty sure what he meant there is that he (Fred Durst) is not himself a decent guitar player, so they should have a person there who is.
Not my intention to defend Durst, but that´s it anyway
some words he said along that quote: "What the f--- am I doing? I'm not a guitar player." "With live shows around the corner, that has to change."
nah, what i meant man was that how can fred durst say they want a real guitarist, reject one of the greatest guitarists of all time and get someone with 1/5 of eddie van halen's tallent... everything about fred durst points out hes a retard