Edguy - Burning Down The Opera

Aussie_Outlaw

King Of Fools
Aug 4, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
[color=#AOEOOA]As some of you know Edguy released a double disc live album today (video Headless Game Video From ProgPower III: Can also be gotten from ProperPower website)

So I picked it up at 5pm, which is just after the guys at Metal Mayhem got it.

The packaging is awesome, instead of being a fold out book like Machine Head's SuperCharger and HammerFall's Crimson Thunder it's more like a book, with pages and a disc at the beginning and the end.

I guess I'll add something in here when I've listened to the whole set.

So I guess I'm just bragging I have it and you don't. But many of you don't like Edguy so bah.[/color]

[color=#AOEOOA]OK I just finished the whole set.

Lemme just say, Troops they ARE damn tight for the whole 105 minutes. Felix drums like a maniac as he does on the Mandrake album and Tobi drops random lines in songs which have no purpose but make you break out in laughter.

Save Us Now, Vain Glory Opera, Painting On The Wall, Babylon are all played brilliantly, as is virtually the whole album.

I just don't know what I can say. It feels so complete even though it was taken from various live shows across southern Europe.[/color]

Dunno if anyone will read this, but has anyone heard the Blind Guardian Live album? Pretty cool!

Aussie_Outlaw said:
As some of you know Edguy released a double disc live album today (video Headless Game Video From ProgPower III: Can also be gotten from ProperPower website)

So I picked it up at 5pm, which is just after the guys at Metal Mayhem got it.

The packaging is awesome, instead of being a fold out book like Machine Head's SuperCharger and HammerFall's Crimson Thunder it's more like a book, with pages and a disc at the beginning and the end.

I guess I'll add something in here when I've listened to the whole set.

So I guess I'm just bragging I have it and you don't. But many of you don't like Edguy so bah.

And who got you into Edguy hmmmm??????? :p:wave:

Aussie_Outlaw said:
Some Kid from Mill Park.

I forget his name.

lol.gif

This will probably the first and only Edguy album I buy. For a band I'd never listened to before, I sure as fuck enjoyed their show in Melbourne.
With Dungeon and Vanishing Point opening that night, it was definately one of the best gigs I've ever been too.

hell yeah! They kicked ass in Sydney as well. ALthough I was more impressed by VP (probably coz they are one of my fave bands.... :) )