Edguy/Into Eternity US Tour Dates

DAMN, the show near me is the Sunday of ProgPower weekend.

I think it's a bit strange that they play Cleveland and Chicago, head west and south and them come all the way back up to Michigan for one show. The logical date for the show would be Sep 22, BUT that is the date Sonata Arctica is playing down the road at Harpo's, so that would be a problem.

Anyway, it's a bummer I won't get to see this...

Sep 21/2007 USA - Cleveland, Ohio - Peabody's Down Under
Sep 23/2007 USA - Mokena, Illinois - The Pearl Room
Sep 24/2007 USA - St. Paul, Minnesota - Station 4
Sep 27/2007 USA - Seattle, Washington - Studio Seven
Sep 28/2007 USA - Portland, Oregon - Roseland Grill
Sep 29/2007 USA - San Francisco, California - Slim's
Sep 30/2007 USA - Anaheim, California - House Of Blues
Oct 02/2007 USA - Hollywood, California - House Of Blues
Oct 03/2007 MEXICO - Mexicali - The Metro
Oct 04/2007 USA - Tempe, Arizona - The Clubhouse
Oct 06/2007 USA - Denver, Colorado - Bluebird Theatre
Oct 08/2007 USA - Detroit, Michigan - I-Rock

This is AWESOME news! Unfortunatly with the wife and kids and not getting time off I can't make it AGAIN this year so I'll have my own lil power weekend in Cleveland...
Edguy on fri
Sonata on Sunday
Rock hall of fame Sat

Does anyone know if Firewind is opening for SA in Cleveland?

September is turning out to be a SICK month here in SoCal:
1st - Kamelot
17th - Sonata Arctica
25th - Epica
30th - Edguy
To say this gonna rule is a serious understatement!!!!!!

They're coming to the I-Rock on October 8th...

Holy hell...

I've gotta work my ASS OFF to get my band onto the Epica show, and now I gotta REALLY work my ass off to get onto the Edguy show! I'm creamin' my jeans over here!

TOBY FUCKIN SAMMET IN MY TOWN, BITCHES!!!

Seriously... those of us (few) here in Atlanta that went to the Metal for the Masses show this past Wed with Into Eternity, Scar Symmetry, etc... is there any doubt why they skip ATL?

I thought that place would be PACKED... 4 incredible metal bands, the US debut tour of Scar Symmetry... it *maybe* was 1/3 to 1/4 full. I was quite frankly embarassed.

Don't get me wrong, selfishly, I would kill to see this in ATL... but from a business perspective, the proof is in the puddin'... people don't turn out consistenly enough to support the routine bookings.

Seriously... those of us (few) here in Atlanta that went to the Metal for the Masses show this past Wed with Into Eternity, Scar Symmetry, etc... is there any doubt why they skip ATL?

I thought that place would be PACKED... 4 incredible metal bands, the US debut tour of Scar Symmetry... it *maybe* was 1/3 to 1/4 full. I was quite frankly embarassed.

In fairness, it was a weeknight show. It would have drawn another few hundred people on a Fri. or Sat. night.

Scar Symmetry was great, BTW. The early start (7:30 ?!) didn't help, but they still brought their 'A' game. A slightly longer set from 'em would have been worth the admission price alone.

DT were great, IE were good (except that the bad falsetto HAS to go), and the Haunted were okay.

We got robbed in Philly badly last night at The Trocadero for the Metal for the Masses Tour. This fucking local act got booked for a show with four bands already on it, plus the doors opened at seven. SCAR SYMMETRY got cut THREE songs. We got four out of seven songs! BULLSHIT! I bumped into SS's singer, Christian Alvestam near the end of the show and he told my buddy Rich and myself that they were cut short three songs. That means the local act got more time than them. WTF!? INTO ETERNITY was also cut two, maybe three songs. IE announced their shortened set from the stage. That's fucking bullshit! SS was who I really wanted to see more than any of them and we all got only four fucking songs!

In fairness, it was a weeknight show. It would have drawn another few hundred people on a Fri. or Sat. night.

While I do both understand and agree w/that Pellaz... it's still unfathomable for me to comprehend. B/c seeing Scar Symmetry was a big, big deal to me personally. Not to mention the rest of that bill combo'd w/the rather low ticket price. Given 500,000 people live in the actual city, 5,000,000 in the metropolitan ATL area. Venue holds like 1,000? I was surprised 400 to 500 more people didn't agree w/the caliber of these bands, get off their arse, and show up... weeknight or no. Some town HAS to be the weeknight show on a tour... you would think the larger cities could hold down these slots.

Which, tying back to this thread, as much as I like bands like these and Edguy/Into Eternity... I don't hold it against them if they dodge our town. I certainly won't like it. But occurences like last Wed night in Atlanta... hey, I understand.

SCAR SYMMETRY got cut THREE songs. We got four out of seven songs! BULLSHIT!

Wow... utter bullshit indeed. Condolences. :mad: