Edguy: New album details revealed.

Mosquito

oh noes!!
Jan 23, 2002
Columbia, SC, USA
www.myspace.com
German melodic metallers EDGUY recently entered Gate Studios in Wolfsburg, Germany to begin recording the follow-up to 2006's "Rocket Ride". Entitled "Tinnitus Sanctus", the new CD is being produced by Sascha Paeth and is scheduled to be released in November 2008.

Commented frontman Tobias Sammet: "The title just refers to the wall of sound that will bulldoze you. Let's be modest: We have ten extraordinary songs and this new album is gonna be our ticket to the hall of fame alongside with LED ZEPPELIN, BLACK SABBATH and AC/DC. There won't be a hit single this time, not even a flop single, haha; not only because most songs are too long for a single, but also because for a single we had to produce way more stuff, lose money and need a time frame to release it. The album would come later then and that would suck. For the record: Musically, we don't go back to the roots. It's not the 'Legacy of Mandrake Part 2' and it's not a little brother of 'Rocket Ride' either. It's a new album and we've set off to new horizons once more! The stuff sounds really broad, very anthemic, heavy and ballsy. We've kept our trademarks and still there are a lot of elements that are different to anything we've done before. I know what some fans may think, because if my favourite bands would have come up with statements like that I would have been scared to death, but in our case I am sure this could be the album we'll be measured by in the future."

EDGUY's latest album, "Rocket Ride", entered the German national album chart at position No. 8 upon its release in late January 2006. The CD also came in at No. 8 in Sweden, No. 25 in Finland, No. 32 in Hungary, No. 48 in Japan, No. 50 in Switzerland, No. 50 in Austria, No. 79 in Norway and No. 81 in Italy.

source: blabbermouth.net

Sounds like they are getting softer and softer, my interest is lost, but ill grab it when its leaked i guess
How is "really broad, very anthemic, heavy and ballsy" insinuating softer? Sounds like it could be pretty bad ass to me. Looking forward to it.

"Let's be modest: We have ten extraordinary songs and this new album is gonna be our ticket to the hall of fame alongside with LED ZEPPELIN, BLACK SABBATH and AC/DC. "
:lol: This guy never fails to make me laugh.

Because every time a band says "This is our best release yet" and they release a total crock of shit should be valid too :p 2 releases in a row that are much more rock and roll-y for me, and his 'were not going back to mandrake' days, I will bet it will not be any good. And dear I mention the new Avantasia? Hah, what a joke that album is

Because every time a band says "This is our best release yet" and they release a total crock of shit should be valid too :p 2 releases in a row that are much more rock and roll-y for me, and his 'were not going back to mandrake' days, I will bet it will not be any good. And dear I mention the new Avantasia? Hah, what a joke that album is

He said it wasn't going to be Mandrake Pt. 2 [Oh god, I wish it was]

But, I'm pretty sure he did say in an earlier interview that there was going to be some balls-out Tears of a Mandrake-like tracks.

Then why don't you just forget the new Edguy album then? Or listen to samples on Myspace or something instead of just taking it? Geez I just don't understand people sometimes.

Then why don't you just forget the new Edguy album then? Or listen to samples on Myspace or something instead of just taking it? Geez I just don't understand people sometimes.

Because whats the difference if id never buy it anyways?

edit;

and most likely delete it right after. Who would blind buy Edguy these days? Why would most people blind buy anything with the resources we have?

edit;

and most likely delete it right after. Who would blind buy Edguy these days? Why would most people blind buy anything with the resources we have?

Because it is illegal. Unless you pay for it.

edit;

Because thats whats killing CD sales thats why. Its not too hard to figure out. If thats what you think why not go to their myspace page to sample the songs? Why do you choose to steal it. Myspace and the bands websites are wonderful resources. A leaked CD is not a resource, its called theft.