edguy?

jakesands5

satans onion
Mar 4, 2005
minnesota
ok just something that struck me kinda oddlike.
i decided to visit edguys website to see what they were like before i go see them with into eternity on the 22nd and anyway the bands bio on thier website is as follows...
"EDGUY is the greatest band in the world. Epic, intelligent, good-looking, bombastic, heavy, seriously hard rocking and nevertheless quite entertaining."
a)who proclaims themselves to be the greatest in the world?
b)who in thier own bio call themselves good looking?
c)is nevertheless the right word for that?
anyway it also goes on to say that that statement is from the bands biography written by a long time friend and photographer of the band, who also happens to be the bands lead singer. they used it as a quote from a biography, but it was the bands own lead singer writting it. wow.
well... has anyone heard edguys music? are they a joke band? are they any good?...

lots of bios are like that, but i never like it... it's better to just state the facts and stay a bit modest.

Edguy is in the vein of several melodic euro speed happy metal bands, but not AS happy as Stratovarius, Helloween etc. I am totally allergic for those bands, and I can safely say that Edguy are an awesome band to see live! Hammerfall I find boring, but Edguy are good (although I don't listen to their cds).

u dont compare the great devin townsend to edguy here? *shock* I dont think its the same at all... edguy is happy german powermetal, they have some cool and catchy songs but overall I dont find them very spectacular on cd, I havent seen them live but I'm sure this is a band to watch live. devin is fantastic, I love his "terria" album and this is so complex, dark, melancholic and full of feelings... :)

jakesands5 said:
ok just something that struck me kinda oddlike.
i decided to visit edguys website to see what they were like before i go see them with into eternity on the 22nd and anyway the bands bio on thier website is as follows...
"EDGUY is the greatest band in the world. Epic, intelligent, good-looking, bombastic, heavy, seriously hard rocking and nevertheless quite entertaining."
a)who proclaims themselves to be the greatest in the world?
b)who in thier own bio call themselves good looking?
c)is nevertheless the right word for that?
anyway it also goes on to say that that statement is from the bands biography written by a long time friend and photographer of the band, who also happens to be the bands lead singer. they used it as a quote from a biography, but it was the bands own lead singer writting it. wow.
well... has anyone heard edguys music? are they a joke band? are they any good?...

Tobias Sammet has an Incredibly bad sense of humor this "EDGUY is the greatest band in the world. Epic, intelligent, good-looking, bombastic, heavy, seriously hard rocking and nevertheless quite entertaining." is his idea of a joke .... I love Edguy but you could hurt yourself taking them to seriously ;) ... but no they arent a Joke band and are great live!!!

Edguy is NOT speed metal. Never been, never will.

They're definitely nothing new, but without a doubt, one of the best straight up Power Metal bands out there today. They're outstanding live, and if you wanna check their best album, try the latest one, Hellfire Club. You will not be disappointed.

Plus, they don't think they're the best of the world. 99% of their stuff is purely JOKES. They take the "FUN" side of metal and multiply by 10. They're also the FUNNIEST guys ever to hang out with. The whole idea of the band is to be funny.

It is damn worth it to check them out.

No way man

I put in Hellfire Club the other day (got it back when I was somewhat into euro stuff) and Mysteria wasnt a bad song but the rest is super campy crap.

I felt defiled after listening to it. I had to put in a Crowbar CD afterwards and hit a few tall boys just to cleanse the pallet. :bah:

I_Smell_Hate said:
No way man

I put in Hellfire Club the other day (got it back when I was somewhat into euro stuff) and Mysteria wasnt a bad song but the rest is super campy crap.

I felt defiled after listening to it. I had to put in a Crowbar CD afterwards and hit a few tall boys just to cleanse the pallet. :bah:

and crobar isnt crap? to each their own eh? :wave:

DragonLady1 said:
u dont compare the great devin townsend to edguy here? *shock* I dont think its the same at all... edguy is happy german powermetal, they have some cool and catchy songs but overall I dont find them very spectacular on cd, I havent seen them live but I'm sure this is a band to watch live. devin is fantastic, I love his "terria" album and this is so complex, dark, melancholic and full of feelings... :)
Uh, I was talking about the types of comments they make, not the music, obviously they aren't similar whatsoever.

I love Edguy! Although HellFire Club blew asschunks... Mandrake is their best album by far! I'm looking forward hearing the new stuff next week... if they play it ;)

Candlemass has a good groove to it. Easy to get into.

And yes, Crowbar over Edguy, any day.

Aggressive... Hmm, time for some Ministry I think.

Edguy is a great, great band.

Checkout their 'Mandrake' album. An awesome epic called "Pharaoh" to be specific. And "Nailed to the Wheel", and "Golden Dawn", shit every song on the album is pretty badass. My favorite of theirs, no doubt.

Tobias Sammet is the best Bruce Dickinson/Michael Kiske impressionist alive, and even does both of them better than they do on some things. His solo "Avantasia: The Metal Opera Parts 1 & 2" features Kiske a lot and I highly recommend Part 1.

And yeah, they don't take themselves seriously at all.

ok ok.. so they arent a joke band but they do try to be funny. damn eurpean foriegners. meh either way as long as they have tallent im sure ill enjoy seeing em...

that's the great thing about Edguy, they add humor to the songs and they're not pissed off at the world like most metal bands... and most importantly, they have fun while playing live and it shows!

I'm tired of the whole "i'm pissed off so I have to have this bad boy image" thing going on.

right, but isnt it about the music? I couldnt care less how the people look, its how they sound. If someone wants to act a certain way, sweet, more power to them.

Fuck man, I dont remember what else I was going to write. I sounded really cool in my head, but fuck it hehehe

actually, its like I pretty much hate damn near everyone, so it doesnt matter how they act.

Theres like this really good idea in my head about this, but its to much fuckin effort to type it out.

You know, i wonder if when the cookie monster shits, do you think he lays tubes of cookie dough? I bet it would tase alright, but it would have blue fur on it. I dont think I would eat cookie monster cookie dough shit. Although cookie dough is fuckin awesome. I need another bong hit.