edguy?

jakesands5 said:
ok ok.. so they arent a joke band but they do try to be funny. damn eurpean foriegners. meh either way as long as they have tallent im sure ill enjoy seeing em...

You should! they are a great live band! Infact the whole package is pretty good!all the bands are sounding top notch ... thing with edguy is you can really tell they are having a good time ... but I disagree that they dont take themselves seriously cause they do, they just like having fun with it I believe

I_Smell_Hate said:
Candlemass has a good groove to it. Easy to get into.

And yes, Crowbar over Edguy, any day.

Aggressive... Hmm, time for some Ministry I think.

Candlemass is Great!!! but for me if I want Aggressive... SUFFOCATION!!! at the right volume they could peel paint off the wall

MetalJoe1977}I'm tired of the whole "i'm pissed off so I have to have this bad boy image" thing going on.[/QUOTE said:
just a side thing, here, granted its all about the music, and if a band has an image its not really a bad thing. but bands that take thier music serious enough not to have an "badass" image are easier for me to take seriously. in fact the two greatest bands alive have zero image. ie, and opeth. personally
i can hardly listen to bands like cradle of filth because of thier im a demon in makeup therefore im scary image.. i mean god help them if ever have to sit through one more of thier cheesy ass videos.

ThinkAboutYourEnd said:
That sounds like something Devin Townsend would say, I'm sure it's all in good fun, the band is pretty good from the little snippets I've heard.

The band has an incredible sense of humor. Its likely all done in fun.

Music-wise, I really like them. I'm still getting to know their older stuff, but their latest CD, Hellfire Club, is just outstanding! The first song, Mysteria, just KICKS MY ASS!:headbang:

... bands like Edgay and the other one I saw at the Palladium in Woostah MA (Hammersmith?), are a pathetic waste of Into Eternity's show time (and fans' money).

Anyhow, I believe it was great for them to play after the IE act... it does not happen very often to play after a band that opened for the Kings of metal!!!!

The show in MA was great, especially if you consider the fact that the sound engineer is deaf. It is always saddening to see how the opening acts are boycotted... but hey, the same happened to arch enemy and co. so we have to wait for the day you'll be the leading act!!! (next year?)

cheers

volteker said:
... bands like Edgay and the other one I saw at the Palladium in Woostah MA (Hammersmith?), are a pathetic waste of Into Eternity's show time (and fans' money).

Anyhow, I believe it was great for them to play after the IE act... it does not happen very often to play after a band that opened for the Kings of metal!!!!

The show in MA was great, especially if you consider the fact that the sound engineer is deaf. It is always saddening to see how the opening acts are boycotted... but hey, the same happened to arch enemy and co. so we have to wait for the day you'll be the leading act!!! (next year?)

cheers

I wouldn't call them a pathetic waste of IE's show time. I happen to love all 3 bands. but that's just me.

Lol, fuckin dorks. If I wanted to fuckin laugh while listening to something, I would put in some ADC, Kinneson, or Carlin.

I guess I just dont identify with bands like Edguy in any way. If they want to march along playing their happy little faggot music, more power to them, but that still doesnt change the fact that what they do and what they are about is FUCKIN STUPID.

yeah, everyone is entitled to there own opinions... it's just that your's is wrong. ;)

j/k :D

I respect your opinions, i just don't agree with them.