Editing drum audio and midi simultaneously

hks350d

Sep 8, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I have a drum section that was created with triggers and audio. I have midi data for the drums and audio as the overhead. How do I edit the midi and make it x-form as I go with the audio track?

Is this even possible?

edit audio to the grid, edit midi to grid, done. I don't see the problem? You don't have to edit them simultaneously because there is no mic bleed or room track.

Well there is a slight time difference between the room track and the actual impact of each shell in real life that shows up on the audio in edit view. I feel like I should keep this timing difference (maybe OCD) but I have always analyzed and snapped the shells to the grid and just let the room/ovh follow those separations. Is there no way to create warp points on a midi track and set them as a group in pro tools to edit the whole track according to midi?

I slip edit everything. Maybe thats why I don't get it. Do you have bleed from shells on the overhead tracks or is it only cymbals?

Yeah pretty heavy bleed. I'm using a mono overhead directly above the drummer and it picks up the whole kit. I like the little bit of room sound it creates and that's why I would hate to just trash it.

do you have audio tracks of the triggers? you could slip edit all audio tracks together. I'm not into BD, so I can't help with this one.