[Editing] Where is your position of Transient/Peak relative to the Click/Kick ?

Best editing position ?

• On the Peak

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • On the Transient

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • After the Peak

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Other ?

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
unless you're playing a blues solo or something, the feeling is mostly in the velocity, not the timing.
I call bullshit on this.
since people nowadays are used to "100% grid"-style productions.
woah, another call here.

Timing is a big part of the game, no doubt about it.

Another thing to add to the discussion, if you've got a snare and kick hitting at the same time (or if you're programming them), do you line them both perfectly up, or one in front of the other? I find snare a tiny bit later than the kick works well
Yep, snare a few ms behind, it sounds the most natural that way imo.

The poll doesn't make a lot of sense to me lol. I personally align all three ways depending on what instrument it is. For example: drums I go with picture #1 (dead on), bass I go with picture #2 (slightly behind), and guitar I go with picture #3 (slightly ahead). If you align all the instruments exactly the same way and they hit within samples of each other, you start to lose depth in your mix.

I never edit drums or guits that tightly (if even at all).

sometimes a transient might be 15ms before the kick, sometimes after....who cares.
btw, neither does Andy, let the stuff move a bit

Peak vs transient? My understanding was that the peak is the highest part and the transient is the part in front of it, the way to get to the peak if you like.

sometimes a transient might be 15ms before the kick, sometimes after....who cares.
btw, neither does Andy, let the stuff move a bit

welp....I guess thats all we needed to know then huh??...Oh Hell yea :danceboy:

However i did kinda learn that with my editing just to let it go and feel it out

even tho im a victim of to the grid editing :D Its just so perfect sounding sometimes haha.............LATER!!