Eggheadbangers unite

my favorite poet is jim carroll. he's the same age as my mother yet seems to have lived a life light years away. everything is so raw and honest and right to the point. its not meant to be beautiful but at the same time, it is.. because its real. and to find beauty in something that is deemed ugly seems to be the ultimate accomplishment somedays.
i'm constantly re-reading everything he's written.

besides that i'm a psych major so i spend a great deal of my time reading books related to my studies or that interest me and tie in with what i'm learning. the two most interesting books i've read/currently reading are about the hidden agression in adolescent girls and the negative self image of girls who were teenagers in the 1990's. i fit into this category so i was pretty interested. the first book is called "odd girl out" its an in depth study of the differences in how girls handle agression and strife. the 2nd book laid the ground work for the book i just metioned and its called "reviving ophelia". *yawn* big nerd alert. ;)

rest of my time i'll read true crime novels until i'm so sickened by humanity i have to lay off them for 6 months at a time. haha...
i'll read just about anything. i'd much rather read than watch t.v.

for me robert kiyosaki. shows you how to get rich in america.:D which i will be very soon. also tells you how to pay less in taxes than the middle class(in many cases).

Rich Dad, Poor Dad
Cashflow Quadrant

those are must read books

I had finally bought thet gothic book I wanted to have, it's about achitecture, sculpture and art in the gothic times... damn this book is big and heavy, have to see how and where I'm gonna read it. For sure I can't take it to work... nor to bed :lol: damn I love reading in bed a little before I get any sleep...

I similarly wanted to purchase a copy of the book Secret Teaching for all Ages, a big heavy book a friend gave me before he left town but when he came back I asked him if he knew what is was and what its worth and gave back to him kindly.
It cost too much for me right now though.

Alot of tripe fantasy, HP lovecraft (Duh) alot of sci fi to. Just finished Wee Free men by terry prattchett ;)

However my favourite reads are things like The art of war by Sun Tzu(Of which I own two copies) The annalects (By confucious), the master of demon valley (By the, master, etc,etc), the book of 5 shperes/rings, the prince (Machivelli), The discources (Machivelli), etc.

However recently uni has been sucking up my time, so my reading has slipped :)

The Icelandic Sagas written by scribes over a 1000 years ago! The stories are very well written, and say a lot about the human condition, besides being a great history lesson in Viking lore.

Peace,
Ulf

Similarilly blah!!! it reminds me of my fancy for the movie Pathfinder and its wits againt the stallon like fit of the tjudes whatever that means.... and similarily it seems Viking land had its predesesors more mystical than the edda's, ancient as the forrest?!.

(Now pushing passing out do what thou will in words)

Could be the beer talking?YA!

I'm reading the "A Song of Ice & Fire" series by George R. R. Martin.. Best fantasy books I've ever read!

First of all, i'd like to say hi to everyone. This is my first time posting on here. :)
As for books, i love reading... I love JRR Tolkein's works, and am currently reading Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder. But my favorite author of all time has to be Iain Banks and my fav book by him would be The Wasp Factory. Most of his books seem to have anarchic themes, but this book is amazing! Pretty twisted but great book. I'd reccomend it to anyone :) Also, he's from Scotland. hehe so, hello everyone!

-Mar

I have no time for reading stuff that I want to read. School is a bitch. But when I get time, I usually read biographies and classic literature. The last book I read just to read was Fast Food Nation. It will make you never want to eat fast food again.

Man, I could not possibly suggest Clive Barker strongly enough. His Books of The Art(The Great And Secret Show and Everville) along with Imagica are some of the most original, tangible, fantastic realms I have ever encountred. Outside of the Dune series by Frank Herbert, they are some the 20th century's most impressive accomplishments.