Yet Another Newbie...

Thoth-Amon

Hypochondriac
Apr 4, 2006
Greetings all! I've been posting on Metal-Rules for some time under another alias but have decided to try a new crowd (though I do see some familiar names from there).
Anyway my moniker is the name of the evil-wizard/sorcerer in Conan mythos of Robert E. Howard whose further misanthropic adventures were chronicled by L. Sprague DeCamp and Lin Carter. He was always a favorite literary character of mine so I chose to use it here.
Anyway more personal info.... I'm 26, male, single and desperately attracted to the fairer sex. I received my BA in Music- Theory & Composition about two years ago and have been doing as one can expect with such an education... working in retail and as a contractor's assistent. I'm seriously reconsidering my career plans... perhaps something in the medical field.
My tastes in music range from classical to metal to classic rock to jazz to international to funk, etc. Though I personally love classical and metal the most. Some bands I enjoy would include (but are not limited to the following):
Slayer
Iron Maiden
Morbid Angel
Emperor
Cannibal Corpse
Dimmu Borgir
Cradle of Filth
As far as religion/philosophy is concerned I'm an ex-christian very very well read and knowledgable in that faith (in fact I was planning on being a priest for some time before I lost my faith). Currently I'm more or less of a deist.
My favorite author would have to be Robert E. Howard, specifically the Conan stories but I enjoy his other works as well (Solomon Kane!).
Well thank you for having me. I look forward to interesting discussions and hope to make some new friends here.

Thoth-Amon
Master Sorcerer of the Black Arts :lol:

Welcome to UM

let me get this straight here, you've studied music, work as a contractors assistand and want to do somthing in the medical sector now? :loco:

Black Core said:
Welcome to UM

let me get this straight here, you've studied music, work as a contractors assistand and want to do somthing in the medical sector now? :loco:

Yes crazy isn't it? Unfortunately my area of study in the music field is rather narrow and hence very competitive. Not to mention my skills as a player are abysmal and I have very little experience with Band. So.... my prospects aren't too bright I think.

Thoth-Amon said:
Wow you live in Turkey! How... exotic. Do you like it there?

I was born here, in the capital city of Turkey.. It is not a perfect place to live actually but this is where I live :) I like it, at least I should and had better like it. Since the heavy metal scenery has developed (in like the last decade) I am far more pleasant about my country. I am waiting for the prejudices and point of views to progress in a good way a bit more :) :headbang:

necromancy said:
I was born here, in the capital city of Turkey.. It is not a perfect place to live actually but this is where I live :) I like it, at least I should and had better like it. Since the heavy metal scenery has developed (in like the last decade) I am far more pleasant about my country. I am waiting for the prejudices and point of views to progress in a good way a bit more :) :headbang:

You speak english very well. Does everyone there learn it (sort of like how they do in Europe)? When I visited Europe a couple of summers ago I was impressed by how many speak english. Here we only learn english. There are not other languages that we are required to learn. I wish I spoke another language, I like German alot but have a hard time with the different cases: i.e. dative, accusative, etc.

Welcome Thoth-Amon, I really enjoyed your introduction here, very interesting....

So you like German a lot? It is really hard to learn, especially the german grammar...I know what I am talking about, I live in Munich for 14 years, but I originally come from Croatia and I had to learn German....I find it unusual, that you like German, most of the people don´t like it.

Welcome Thoth-Amon, I really enjoyed your introduction here, very interesting....

So you like German a lot? It is really hard to learn, especially the german grammar...I know what I am talking about, I live in Munich for 14 years, but I originally come from Croatia and I had to learn German....I find it unusual, that you like German, most of the people don´t like it.

Thoth-Amon said:
You speak english very well. Does everyone there learn it (sort of like how they do in Europe)? When I visited Europe a couple of summers ago I was impressed by how many speak english. Here we only learn english. There are not other languages that we are required to learn. I wish I spoke another language, I like German alot but have a hard time with the different cases: i.e. dative, accusative, etc.

Actually in Turkey, there are private schools for which you have to pay a lot but you get a good education. Besides there are public schools you cannot really get a really good english...

I have attended to a famous private school for 11 years before I entered a university. I was graduated from English Language and Literature Department. then I attended to a English teacher Education Certificate Programme and now I am working as a teacher in a ğrivate institution. So that's the story of my English knowledge...

By the way Ich kann nicht Deutsch sprehen. Ich kann nur Turkish und English sprehen. Aber ich möchte zu Deutch gelernen. Yetzt ich habe keinen zeith. :ill: Whoa what a german. I couldn't learn that der dia das stuff and I agree with agonija that German Grammar is hard to learn...

agonija said:

I used to study German in school but hell if i remember any of that now ! My father is half German(Don't speak any at home, I haven't even met my father) but i still think German is very hard to learn !(I do like German beer though)

necromancy said:
Ich kann nicht Deutsch sprehen. Ich kann nur Turkish und English sprehen. Aber ich möchte zu Deutch gelernen. Yetzt ich habe keinen zeith. :ill: Whoa what a german. I couldn't learn that der dia das stuff and I agree with agonija that German Grammar is hard to learn...

"I can not speak any German.I can only speak turkish and English.But I want to learn German too.Now I have no time"

Not bad eh ?:lol:

Nemesis_lxix said:
I used to study German in school but hell if i remember any of that now ! My father is half German(Don't speak any at home, I haven't even met my father) but i still think German is very hard to learn !(I do like German beer though)

"I can not speak any German.I can only speak turkish and English.But I want to learn German too.Now I have no time"

Not bad eh ?:lol:

HEheHEHeh... :headbang: :lol:

I started learning French in middle school but after 2 years I quited it because I didn't like it. I mean it was because I was unsuccessful... My mother had forced me to learn French as she knows it, but I wanted to learn German as I had some friends who are German..Then in university for 2 years I have learnedGerman before I was graduated. But I couldn't develop it later. But still you could translate it :) So I am happy hehe..