Ehm ehm, King Crimson & the Hippie

chainsawmax

fan's incarnation
May 7, 2002
sardinia, Italy
www.dahliaindaco.tk
Hey there!
I know this may sound very weird and probably somebody else has already asked it but: what does Mr. DiGiorgio thinks about King Crimson???
I'll be going on their june 24 gig they'll do in Rome...I just love 'em! My fav ones are RED (1974) & IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING (1969) but their whole discography is simply impressive...

Whaddya think???

They're a good band, yet they only have one or two good "songs" (in the sense of the word) on their albums - like with the new one, it's "happy with what you ave to be happy with" and "with arms wide open". I also prefer their earlier stuff - much respect for them, though...
well, I always thought "Sadus" was some strange kind of Pizza :)

I had the good fortune of seeing the mighty K.C. this past February and they "Killed".
Dont' expect "any" older material, though. The furthest they go back is 1995's THRAK album. Unless they've changed their set since then.

NP: Steely Dan - Everything Must Go

well, sorry for my ignorance! I didn't knew at all what a Warr Guitar is since the K.C. gig they did in Verona...I red the personnel list in their site and I didn't noticed any "bass player" so I came out with that stuff...sorry!
I suppose I have lot to know yet anyway...

IMPRESSIVE. Awesome. AMAZING. I'm blown away. They simply kicked ass.
They started off with Level Five (after a mega Fripperic intro by Robert himself...), the last album was really into their set, 4 songs from THE POWER TO BELIEVE, then something old, from VROOOM, and Elephant Talk, and...they disappeared after the 7th track. The audience went crazy ! They had to came back...the did 3 encores!!!!!!And the last one was my all time fav....R E D !!! (this is the 2nd time for me! SONIC YOUTH's last encore for the gig they did in my town was Drunken Butterfly, my fav one!!!) ...an mpressive line-up, Pat Mastelotto destroying everything, Fripp, always into darkness, Belew INCREDIBLE with both vocals and guitar skills, and Trey Gunn...tapping his Warr Guitar all the time up and down...crazy!

well...and after the gig, I simply flied into the backstage to meet ADRIAN BELEW himself!!! I GOT MY TICKET SIGNED BY ADE!!!!!

wonderful guys...

51 euros, but I'll do it again if I'll had the chance...
you gotta do it as well!!!