Eighties Ibanez: Should I sell it or should I keep it??? (video)

Max Morton

Sep 21, 2008
UA, Kyiv
www.maxmorton.com
Made up my mind to sell this old RG440 roadstar series, to buy a cool Strat or Musicman later. It's kinda cheap and old, was not playing it too much. Then I did this short vid for potential buyers... And had so much fun playing it! Now I'm not sure:) It's still a cheap guitar - it may sound a bit like a strat, but it's not a strat, it may sound heavy and chunky, but it still has no neck humbucker.
I'm STUCK!!! ¯\(°_o)/¯ Need your advice:)

Last edited by a moderator:
egan: guitars should be played often. I did not really play this one - until I decided to do this quick video:) if I just buy MOAR GUITAR, each guitar I have will suffer even more boredom:)

I'd probably repaint it, seeing as how it's a cheapy. It's always fun to experiment with/modify cheaper guitars. I'm about to get all new hardware for my LP copy guitar and refinish it as well. I kinda dig the shape of yours, but not my favorite color.

Thanks mates! Feeling much easier after your words:) Don't even wanna change the pickups here - I absolutely dig the combination - the balance is perfect - the bridge position is loud, but when you switch to neck single, you barely notice any gain loss - due to the nice tonal balance

Hey! Repainting it might be a good idea. It's color reminds me of an old toilet bowl lol. Hmm, I might try painting it cherry or pure white, or something.