Eldritch at ProgPower...

thunderseven

New Metal Member
Mar 18, 2007
Houston, TX
would like to see Eldritch play at progpower sometime, they have quite a few albums under the belt and have been playing for sometime now, El Nino and Headquake both kick ass and sound very original :devil:

+1

I think they are an excellent band. I know a lot of the old prog-power folks didn't care much for their direction over the last several discs, but I think each of them are good. As a band they just seem to fly well under the radar for some reason or another.

They are a good live band .. saw them at Chicago Powerfest a few years back. I also have their DVD which is quite good as well. I'm a fan .. would love to see them at Prog Power.

Britt

Yeah I had the oppurtunity to see them at Powerfest, but Biomechanical kicked my ass so hard I could barely stand. That being said I would love to see them at PP, and I guess I am in the minority when I say I love their most recent discs but find it harder to get into the older ones. Fucking Blackenday has so many good tracks

Awesome band! I wish I had watched more of them at Powerfest... like Biffle, my ass was massively kicked by the earlier bands, and I was pretty tired by the end of the night.

What would be really cool would be a pre-Reverse show at Prog Power. I love this band but am still dissapointed to this day that they changed directions. I still get chills listening to Headquake and El Nino. That was quality prog metal; they have since turned into some thrash metal band that kinda blends in in such a mediocre way. WHY????

Speaking of WHY... what the hell happened to Superior?!?!? Seeing them perform at PP is still one of my all time highlights from this festival!

Cool guys but the show at Powerfest wasnt the best performance I was hoping to see out of them. Actually since I saw them live I have not been into them to much, go figure...

Bear

What would be really cool would be a pre-Reverse show at Prog Power. I love this band but am still dissapointed to this day that they changed directions. I still get chills listening to Headquake and El Nino. That was quality prog metal;

I agree with you on those 2 albums...damn good prog metal that every prog metal fan should own. I part with you on Reverse...l really like that release but for different reasons that the earlier ones. It caught me offguard when it was released...in a good way. I admit...it rarely happens that way. Releases after Reverse have been a slow decline for me.

I would be all for seeing Eldritch at ProgPower! Personally, I thought El Nino is a masterpiece! I've listened to and really like all of their catalog, but El Nino is definitely my favorite.

What would be really cool would be a pre-Reverse show at Prog Power. I love this band but am still dissapointed to this day that they changed directions. I still get chills listening to Headquake and El Nino. That was quality prog metal; they have since turned into some thrash metal band that kinda blends in in such a mediocre way. WHY????

Their newer stuff > their older stuff. But since you bring up the older stuff... why no love for Seeds of Rage???