Eldritch

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
Has anyone considered Eldritch as a potential Prog Power band. I am sitting here listening to their latest disc and am simply in awe. These guys are fucking amazing!!! They have like 5 albums out and are probably the best band from Italy aside from Labyrinth. Headquake is probably in my top 10 favorite albums ever. These guys need to play PP. While I think they are a 3rd slot band, I still have hope for them to be chosen in the second slot this year. If not, I really hope they are considered next year! Great band!

The vocals are very unique, strong, and melodic. Don't expect high pitched vocals like that of Stratovarius. I suggest you check out their album Headquake or El Nino to start. The band has their own style and are the kind of band that when you hear a song, you can easily identify it as an Eldritch tune. http://www.eldritchweb.com/
Check em out; u will not be dissapointed!

nightwish58 said:
The vocals are very unique, strong, and melodic. Don't expect high pitched vocals like that of Stratovarius. I suggest you check out their album Headquake or El Nino to start. The band has their own style and are the kind of band that when you hear a song, you can easily identify it as an Eldritch tune. http://www.eldritchweb.com/
Check em out; u will not be dissapointed!

I suggested this band last year and this year to play at ProgPower.
No one commented before.
I have been listening to their music since the "Seeds Of rage" CD.
Awesome band!
You got my vote.
Hopefully Glenn can get them to play ProgPower VII as I have already decided not to come this year.
They would have to come up with four pretty amazing bands at this point to sway my interest this year.

Cheers,

EB

Yeah...I've suggested this band a couple of times myself. This band as been somewhat eclectic in their history while maintaining a high quality in their material. Power to prog back to power sort of thing. And on their Reverse release, they introduced numetal influences with some emphasis on sampling...it was and is a great listen IMO. This band would definitely rip at PP.

All I know is, one of their albums has an elephant on the cover, and I have never seen an elephant on a metal album cover before. I was wondering what the music was like, thanks for the info.

Ruthven said:
All I know is, one of their albums has an elephant on the cover, and I have never seen an elephant on a metal album cover before. I was wondering what the music was like, thanks for the info.

I am not aware of any Eldritch albums with an elephant on the cover. You must have the wrong band bro. As for the music, it t varies album to album, but for the most part it is melodic progressive metal that can get aggressive at times. They are a solid band who just have not been given the proper recognition that they deserve.

If anyone is interested, I have an extra copy of the limited edition digipack version of "Reverse". If anyone wants to trade for it, please let me know

nightwish58 said:
I am not aware of any Eldritch albums with an elephant on the cover. You must have the wrong band bro. As for the music, it t varies album to album, but for the most part it is melodic progressive metal that can get aggressive at times. They are a solid band who just have not been given the proper recognition that they deserve.

If anyone is interested, I have an extra copy of the limited edition digipack version of "Reverse". If anyone wants to trade for it, please let me know

I want it! :) I love this disc... Heavy as hell.. I had it, but it was stolen...
We can most certainly work out a deall...

they are a bit more favorable than some of the others out of Italy. I wonder how much pursuit Glenn has for some of the Italian ProgMetal bands: Stramonio, Arkhe, Madsword, Evil Wings ...altho I'm certain if they are all around still.

Another band I wonder if Glenn is looking at is Vox Tempus..altho I think they are American.

Kyle

I would also love to see Eldritch live. I think El Niño is their best release...highly recommended for any prog metal fan who loves a heavy approach. Reverse was a big change in their style but I still like it...very thrashy and heavy, while their last album is more in the vein of El Niño but not as good.

Clutch has an elephant on the cover of the album, aptly titled, The Elephant Riders....though I have the tendancy to believe there are not many Clutch fans here.......

Damnit! I was gonna mention Elephant Riders and you beat me to it! :D :D

I'm not a huge fan of Clutch, but my roommate knows them extremely well* and they're nice guys.

-=-=-=--
* of course, Tim knows damn near everybody in metal anyway.....

not a fan at all. and nils lives in another continent. have they even done any live shows with nils? PM have still been playing live as far as i know with one guitarist

Skylark ( minus their last album Wings ) & Shadows of Steel are the 2 best Metal Bands from Italy!

Oh yeah, if you like Italian Prog: Time Machine's Act II Galileo is well worth checking out....