Elffor - Fans of Summoning take heed

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
http://www.myspace.com/elfforfp

The sounds of cannons peal from a far as you are slowly flung in to a medieval world of chaos and despair. Ellfor, whose best work would be Son of the Shades is the side project of keyboard virtuoso Eol. The virulence of this album is the real world equivalent of not changing your maxi-pad on your period. Guitars are sparse in the mix, with Ellfor taking a latter day Summoning style approach to transcend the listener in to an empyreal landscape of demonicy. Gallop on horseys, RIDE!! Ride in to the fire of the night!!!

Ars Magna, this band is for you. :)

Hehe, does this forum care about any (new) music at all nowadays? I'm currently taking a brake of sorts, so I'm not accusing anyone, but the interest is really low in general now it seems

You're not going to enjoy any band I recommend until I give in and say "Hour of 13 rules".

Edit - I'm going to upload some tracks from Unblessed Woods in a bit. Sheet's on par with Summoning imo.

I unfortunately have very little interest in hearing a Summoning knock-off, I'd rather stick with the real thing. I'll listen to it after Mercyful Fate though.

They're not a Summoning knock off. The comparison to the band lies with the heavy use of synths. The music is entirely keyboard driven, and expectingly so, considering it's the side project of the keyboardist from Numen. Give my jewsendit and the myspace track off the album "Son of the Shades" a try before dismissing this band as another LotR fellating knock off. The atmosphere Elffor establishes in the listener is on an entirely different path.

Hehe, does this forum care about any (new) music at all nowadays? I'm currently taking a brake of sorts, so I'm not accusing anyone, but the interest is really low in general now it seems
maybe there haven't been a whole lot of great releases recently? anybody else think so?
Summoning isnt very good :erk:

well said

donotwantis3.jpg

The only other act I'm familiar with is Theudho. What woods did these other orcs emerge from? :err:

Click Here for Kortirion among the trees

tributosummoning.jpg

CD 1:
1. Sarratum - Long Lost To Where No Pathway Goes
2. Hildr Valkyrie - Farewell
3. Frekkr - Khazad Dum
4. Wolves of Hate – The Glory Disappears
5. Morgan the bard - Mirkwood
6. Orthanc - Through the Forest of Dol Guldur

CD 2:
1. Mischosen - Like Some Snow-White Marble Eyes
2. Elffor – Kortirion Among the Trees