Ellefson back in Megadeth!

Yeah, maybe.
I mean, I know its the "thing to do" in advertising performing a classic album in its entirety. It guarantees ticket sales.

As cool as it was, I was like WTF when Priest did the British Steel tour, as I am one of the very few people who actually liked Nostradamus.

Ditto. Nostradamus was my second favorite album of that year. I found it an amazing album and was highly disappointed when they didn't do that album in full on tour or at least certain locations. Not to mention that they only played one song off that album in both the Metal Masters tour and the British Steel tour, and it wasn't even the best song on the album at that. They should play the title track live.

*starts chant*

O-VER-RATE-ED

clap clap clap clap clap

I couldn't care less.
I don't blow loads over RIP anyhow.
Just saying when I think of the best tracks of the album, Marty's leads come to mind.

IF Broaderick gets more satisfaction out of playing other people's music as opposed to creating new music with Jag Panzer, well, then....I guess good on him for getting a larger paycheck..............

I know Megadeth has a whole new audience that weren't around (or barely even born) when RIP came out, so there is the demand.

I just don't like a damn thing about Dave Mustaine.

IF Broaderick gets more satisfaction out of playing other people's music as opposed to creating new music with Jag Panzer, well, then....I guess good on him for getting a larger paycheck..............

It looks to me like he could almost do both gigs as inactive as Jag Panzer is these days. With that said, Broaderick did play on Endgame, which is an album of original material. I'm not saying he wrote the riffs, but at least it wasn't simply covering Friedman's work. Play fair Jason. :p

~Brian~

It looks to me like he could almost do both gigs as inactive as Jag Panzer is these days. With that said, Broaderick did play on Endgame, which is an album of original material. I'm not saying he wrote the riffs, but at least it wasn't simply covering Friedman's work. Play fair Jason. :p

~Brian~

Ok, though how many ENDGAME tracks will make it to the live setlist?

I get it. It was his chance to make it to the "big leagues"

I have the same feelings about Gus G in Ozzy.

He will spend a year or whatever helping to write the new album, go record it, and then go on the road for a year playing what, MAYBE 2 songs off of the record?

Sure, I know there is still some satisfaction from recording an album's length of material. I would think though night after night of playing someone else's material, esp when you come from a solid band yourself, would not be terribly rewarding.......... though it's a good pay day!

Trust me, such opportunities don't come knocking often, so when they do, you have to roll with the punches and give it a shot.

Some guys seem ok with it. Someone like Al Pitrelli seemed bored to tears in Megadeth. Seeing them on the WORLD NEEDS A HERO tour was one of the most painful live performances I have ever seen. Well, Dave Jr was pretty much half out the door at that point as well.

Hey, good news for the hardcore Megadeth fans, I suppose.

I do get a chuckle out of interviews with Dave Jr, where he was like, "Oh, it was like all the arguments never existed, blah, blah, blah.........." Man up and say, "Yeah, I really haven't done anything as successful AS Megadeth since being in Megadeth, so what the hell better would I have to do???"

And stop bitching people. I don't need to play "fair" or be sensitive.
I call em as I see em.

Ok, though how many ENDGAME tracks will make it to the live setlist?

Last fall, they played 3 or 4 off of Endgame while on tour with Machine Head.

Sure, I know there is still some satisfaction from recording an album's length of material. I would think though night after night of playing someone else's material, esp when you come from a solid band yourself, would not be terribly rewarding.......... though it's a good pay day!

This could also be said of Robert Lowe when performing with Candlemass.

And stop bitching people. I don't need to play "fair" or be sensitive.
I call em as I see em.

Are you trying to become more like Diabolik? :loco:

Last fall, they played 3 or 4 off of Endgame while on tour with Machine Head.

That may be but when they're playing RIP in full they'll play only one or two, not to mention when they're on the Slayer tour. Lastly, when they play after the next album release, it'll continue to be 1 or 2. Don't get me wrong though, I love the new album but due I wouldn't say it's their best. Due to their lengthy career, they just aren't going to be playing many songs off this album in the future. Probably "Headcrusher" and that's it.

This could also be said of Robert Lowe when performing with Candlemass.

Yep, agreed, and you know how much of a Candlemass fan I am.

In the case of Lowe, it was a shame for Solitude Aeturnus, as they had just released the amazing ALONE disc, when Lowe got the gig.

In the case of Broaderick, it was prolly an easier decision, as Jag Panzer has been quite inactive.

Jr and the new setlist are the reasons I'm going to see them this time around. I'm a huge Droogie, probably the biggest one here and I have not seen MD due to the same setlist year after year, with the addition of a couple of new songs.

Endgame is an amazing album, but I think it lacks in the solo department. Yes, there's a lot of shredding going on but they in melody and are not as memorable.

Also, if I remember correctly Chris wrote parts for The Hardest Part of Letting Go. I think he wrote the acoustic intro.

Yep, agreed, and you know how much of a Candlemass fan I am.

In the case of Lowe, it was a shame for Solitude Aeturnus, as they had just released the amazing ALONE disc, when Lowe got the gig.

In the case of Broaderick, it was prolly an easier decision, as Jag Panzer has been quite inactive.

I'm a HUGE Candlemass fan too but let's face it, Leif IS Candlemass. Ditto about Solitude. It's too bad both bands can't exist with him as lead. I do find him to be the best singer of Candlemass by far. I'm curious though Jason, since you are quite the fan, what Candlemass singer do you like most?

That would rule! That's the only way I'd go see Mike Tramp's White Lion right now-if James joins the band! Then it would be 50% legit!:kickass:

White Lion will never be anything without Vito... I reeeeeally wish he would get back to making music. Even if its not with WL.

That said, I am both disappointed and excited, as I love Lomenzo. He put on a great show at the last Gigantour, and is just a great player. Plus, from interviews I've read, he seems like a really chill dude. So, I feel bad for him being booted like that.

On the other hand, I never got to see Megadeth with Ellefson...

I was just kidding with you about that. You're not going to hurt my feelings unless you say something bad about Savatage. :)

~Brian~

Eh, you guys know my feelings on Savatage.
While I am certainly no hater, I think overall they are EXTREMELY overrated, esp around these parts.

I love HALL OF THE MOUNTAIN KING. Will always be a classic.

I'm a HUGE Candlemass fan too but let's face it, Leif IS Candlemass. Ditto about Solitude. It's too bad both bands can't exist with him as lead. I do find him to be the best singer of Candlemass by far. I'm curious though Jason, since you are quite the fan, what Candlemass singer do you like most?

Well, it's kind of difficult, since Lindquist was only on ONE album, but is an amazing vocalist. Therefore, my vote would go to Messiah. I think he brought a certain "power" vocally that made Candlemass stand apart from the rest. I think Lowe does a good job, but DEATH MAGIC DOOM was not quite up to Candlemass standards in my book.

I do really like FROM THE 13TH SUN as well, though that is so different from the rest of their catalog.

White Lion will never be anything without Vito... I reeeeeally wish he would get back to making music. Even if its not with WL.

That said, I am both disappointed and excited, as I love Lomenzo. He put on a great show at the last Gigantour, and is just a great player. Plus, from interviews I've read, he seems like a really chill dude. So, I feel bad for him being booted like that.

On the other hand, I never got to see Megadeth with Ellefson...
yeah, totally agreed about Vito!

:headbang: Great news for any true Megadeth fan...skill wise david might not be the best bassist or song writer but he is part of the megadeth legacy and the two daves back together is just a great thing for Megadeth overall.

The Rust in Peace reuinion tour should be amazing...

how could anyone miss the chance to finally see Dawn Patrol live :cry:

:D