Eluveitie

Guess who i found on youtube....Rafi Kirder, the bas player for Eluveitie!
its fucking crazy i know. If you want to check out his videos his youtube account is "rkharper"
he probably doesnt appreciate me doing this but whatever :s

My friend recommended them to me a while ago and I finally gave them a listen to last week. I was kind of ignoring him for a good long while because he's got a record of being a little "off the mark" with the music I like. But I was pleasantly surprised by Eluveitie.

I do like the amount of traditional instruments they use. As a fan of both metal and traditional folk music I think that this band uses both really well. Kind of reminds me of a few Irish themed punk bands especially like Folly or the Dropkick Murphys who would use whole Irish jigs and such in their songs.

As far as the singing I've heard better. I am definitely trying my hardest to just 'tolerate' it in the interest of listening to the music.

Overall they're pretty impressive but they still don't topple bands like Skyforger IMO. Even with the prevalence of trad instruments.

Quite possibly because they are terrible. I really don't like them either just because of the vocals sounding far too metalcore.
I really hope they cancel for the London leg of paganfest or atleast play a really short show. The sooner they get a new vocalist the better in my eyes.

Not really my style. I'm not really offended by the vocals or anything but they could be a lot better.