Emergency help me now before i sledge my pc

James-Doolan

Jun 6, 2007
Sydney
Hey im trying to get metronome to work on cubase sx 3 and i cant for the love of god get it to sound.
Its switched on in metronome setup menu. What the hell do i need to do i know this sounds realy stupid and it is:erk:
Playing guitar through tone port ux1 everything else is fine just cant get any sound out of metronome and its pissing me off checked the manual and help section to no avail please help.

Are you using an illegally downloaded version? i had the same problem when i used the H2O version.
If your monitors are on, mixer/faders are up and everything is normal, then you have to close and re-open the program then.

dunno if that helps

figured it out i had to go into the load sound section in the metronome setup panel and where you select files for the sounds i had to turn up the volume on the preview sound box FUCKING GAY wasted most of the day figuring it out

In the soundcard menu, where you have the input/output routing there's a tab that says "Studio". Check it, and you'll notice it doesn't have any output channels assigned. Assign it to the main outs and you can suddenly hear the sweet sound of "Pick-pock-pock-pock" again. ;)

figured it out i had to go into the load sound section in the metronome setup panel and where you select files for the sounds i had to turn up the volume on the preview sound box FUCKING GAY wasted most of the day figuring it out

ahaha, I've had this exact same problem. Sorry I didn't get to it fast enough to spare you the time man. It's such a roundabout and retarded problem. Cubase is filled with these little bundles of joy.

I had a similar instance in Cubase SX3 - took me AGES to figure it out.

I noticed that I'd somehow muted the track called "audition" on the mixer.:mad:

I think that I know what your problem is.
On Cubase (or Nuendo) you have to activate the click on your soundcard. Try this:

Open the "VST Connections" window (F4 or you can go to the menu "Devices > VST Connections").

Go to the "Output" tab.

The last section of this tab is named "Click". It will probably be empty on your soundcard output. So, click on the blank space and the word "Click" will appear.

On the Transport panel (F2) hold Ctrl and click on the "Click" section. It will open a pop up.

Uncheck the "MIDI click" box.

Check the "Activate Audio Click" and "Beep" box.

Set up the volume of the click with the faders.

Hope it works : )