EMG 89 wiring help, URGENT

-Gavin-

Gavornator
Jul 21, 2003
Oulu, Finland
right guys, i'm going for some obscure EMG wiring here

EMG 89 (neck) \
EMG 85 (bridge) / 3 Way toggle -> Volume pot -> EMG Pa2 -> EMg 18V mod -> Jack

As such, how do you write the 89 to a toggle switch, i only want one volume pot.

anyone have any ideas?

Cheers guys!

It does, but it's fuck all use.

It only explains wiring to their push/pull volume pot which the whole purpose of this rewiring is to eliminate that bastard pot :D

Wire it up to to the push/pull as usual, but then wire the 'hot' output of the pickup (white wire) to the switch, and then wire from the switch to the volume pot, volume pot to jack.

That way, you've got a master volume, and you just pull up on it to split the pickup.

I have a theory where i could twist/solder the green/blue wire to the toggle and just keep the other 2 "single coil" ones shrink tubed and out of the way...

Nope, time was when i did, but it leads to problems, i'd rather one one reliable humbucker than two tempremental pickups in one :D

Ah fair play! haha.
Well i think what you said will probably work then, isolate which wires are the ones that work the single coil, tape them off and then wire up the humbucker part as normal to your 3 way with the other! Should work i would think

That's what i said :lol:

But i'm gonna experiment tomorrow.

At worst, i'll leave the 89 disconnected and have my toggle as a kill switch... It's been fucking up for ages so this guitar is bridge pickup only :D

Yeah, I don't recall which way the EMG switches go, but I'm guessing from the switch diagrams that it's green to hot, blue to orange. I don't think yellow and white have to be connected anywhere.

Jeff