EMG Afterburner / PA2 or Moser booster

carvedones

May 16, 2007
Anyone used any of these boosters?
Can they be used instead of a OD pedal?
I am using a peavey rockmaster with a boss eq in the loop and was looking at getting one of these instead of having a OD in front of the amp. I currently have a digitech tonedriver with the gain set to around 10 o'clock and without the eq, but using the eq only i need just a little more gain.

I use the PA-2.. It works very well and yelds some awsome results but when in the studio we still added the tube screamer. Live i use it without an OD pedal and it works just fine. I think more than anything its a preference thing. IMO i think it would be a good combo with a rockmaster.

this was kind of a studio fuck up for our demo but if you go to our myspace page and listen to the song Heaven Dying you can hear the pa2 when left on a clean signal. kinda gave me a nice lofi setting but this was by no means intentional. the guitar intro might give you an idea of what it sounds like by itself.

Great thanks. I only want it for live use. Studio will still use an OD pedal.
Going to have a listen...

no problem.. would be perfect for live use. i only turn it up about 15% and it sounds badass. im sure if you crank it you could get some rippin drive out of it.

I've got a PA-2 that I had in my guitar for awhile, but it didn't do what I wanted it to (volume boost for solos, I bought it before I understood the nature of clipping :loco:), so it's now back in its box with all the original parts and documentation. $30 shipped if you want it!

I have a Duncan Firestorm in my Jackson Dinky. Comes in quite handy. If you use it moderately you can have a nice volume boost for solos etc. (without too much clipping), if you turn it full on you can drive the amp really good (cool for sustaining, wanted feedback). But it can get a bit noisy.

I've got a PA-2 that I had in my guitar for awhile, but it didn't do what I wanted it to (volume boost for solos, I bought it before I understood the nature of clipping :loco:), so it's now back in its box with all the original parts and documentation. $30 shipped if you want it!

I am interested but at present im pretty broke. And plus i live in australia. I am also going away in a few weeks for awhile and dont want anything coming in the mail till i get back.

Haha, fair enough dude, and more than likely shipping would be ludicrous to Australia anyway - oh well, anyone else want it?