EMG pick-up pt.2

Hi James how are you ?

I start a new topic because last time the database had problems.

I saw a lot of your posts where you talk about Emg picks-up. You seem to like them. Why do you prefer it ? What model of Emg's do you prefer ?

P.s. Excuse my poor english...

P.p.s You're a great guitar player James I like your work :headbang:

i like them because i can hear perfectly clearly what i am playing. i like to use the 85 model in the bridge position and the 89 model in the neck position. :D

Have you ever tried DiMarzio Paf Pro ? If yes what is the difference between it and a Emg-85 ?

When you say "...to hear perfectly clearly what I am playing..." , are you talking about pick attack ? Because on all of your leads you have a song with A LOT of pick attack... I love it...

Thanks to take the time to respond me. :worship:

The EMG is paf pro on steroids.... hahaha..... obviously the main difference is that the emg is an active pickup (has internal preamp) where the PAF pro is passive, and just doesn't have that same bite. I use a PAF pro in the neck, and a evolution in the bridge on my SG, run through a mesa rectifier.

and james, is that you in the testimony of the ancients booklet???? :tickled:

I'm gonna put new pickups into my S540LTD.
Tonezone in the bridge.
But in the neck i don't know, Im thinking Air norton or a paf pro.
I want a good clean and good for solos without losing output if you compare to the tonezone
Does anyone have any advice?

take my advice, i play the paf pro in the neck, i use full gain and treble on my mesa rectifier amp, and full tone and volume on the knobs, i still cant get any bite from it unless i use the treble boost on the wah... but im stuck with it now hahaha

I don't post here often (you'll most often see me on Andy Sneap's forum) but I got to know James over NAMM, and he recommended the EMG 85 to me in the bridge position, and I have to say, I have never been so happy with my guitar sound. New mixes of my band's material will be ready in the next month or so where I've re-tracked everything with the 85.

Hi im new to the site but thought for metal and guitars it would be a good place to start. Im looking at fitting some EMG 81s to my Jackson Rhoads EX and was wondering how you guys rated the 81s compared to some of the other models youve already mentioned??