Emo And Goth Music Banned In Russia?

If I was to be serious i'd say "thats a total infringment of rights, those bastards!"

If I was going to be an idiot i'd... where is their hands so I can shake them for banning EMO filth... although may I point out if "goth" music includes Black Metal then they can go straight to hell wearing a red flag.

This just in folks, rumors of the demise of fascist communism have been greatly exaggerated.

Utterly ridiculous.. And anyone who actually thinks this is a good idea needs their brains examined.

Imo YOU need to have your brain examined, and a great deal of you others as well.

Seriously, who the hell cares about emo music except for the fact that it's retarded and needs to be abolished? Sure I value democrazy (intended) and freedom of speech and all that, and in sweden those things are very highely valued. Oh and I am from sweden by the way.

But, we don't legalize drugs in any form, is that dictatorship? Hell no. But is it crap? Hell yes!

I'm not saying emo music is a bad drug or anything but my point is that it's crap. Complete utter bullshit music, and I applause the banishment of it.

Banning emo music wont cost us anything while allowing argueably does.

Goth however is completely another thing.

Imo YOU need to have your brain examined, and a great deal of you others as well.

Seriously, who the hell cares about emo music except for the fact that it's retarded and needs to be abolished? Sure I value democrazy (intended) and freedom of speech and all that, and in sweden those things are very highely valued. Oh and I am from sweden by the way.

But, we don't legalize drugs in any form, is that dictatorship? Hell no. But is it crap? Hell yes!

I'm not saying emo music is a bad drug or anything but my point is that it's crap. Complete utter bullshit music, and I applause the banishment of it.

Banning emo music wont cost us anything while allowing argueably does.

Goth however is completely another thing.

lol, this guy is stupid as hell

Yeah enough of the witty remarks alright, I wasn't really serious although internet obviously fails at sarcasm.

I do "hate" emo music though and I honestly find it extremly amusing but also pleasant that it's actually been banned although in theory it's an abomination towards democracy

anyway whatever

Do they even have a right to free speech in russia? I know they don't in say, Canada, where writing criticisms of muslims in newspapers is banned. I think people from the US take things for granted, "hate speech" is technically illegal through most of the developed world and it's pretty arbitrary what can be labelled that, it pretty much depends on the recipient of the criticism whining about it being hateful even if it's completely legit. So, black metal could technically be banned a lot of places if christians whined about it enough. Emo and goth music isn't hateful or anything so this is slightly more ridiculous, but not really by that much.

democracy =/= free speech, that right is pretty much exclusive to the US, one of the few things we do better than Europe/Canada imo.

I agree with most of you. No type of music should ever be banned, although if the music is leading to suicides and whatnot, I can see how they would want to be rid of it. But I say once again, music should never be banned, no matter what form/style/genre it comes in.

.democracy =/= free speech, that right is pretty much exclusive to the US, one of the few things we do better than Europe/Canada imo.

Disney owns ABC. Time Warner owns CNN. What was that you were saying about free speech in the U.S.? Sure, you can bash religion, no problem. But just try saying anything critical about your CORPORATE SPONSORS..