Emperor: Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire and Demise

Quaternarian

New Metal Member
Oct 14, 2001
Just wondering what other people think of this album. For myself, I think it brilliant, but I'm curious.

is it out yet? i thought in a week or so, i didnt see it yesterday in HMV, maybe its out where you live not here. i'll give my opinion when i get it. i'd like to see a negative view on this album though, as long as its backed up and constructive. as i doubt i will see anything wrong with it. :D

the album is out now in australia, but ive had it for about 2 months now, and i love it and also think it to be a fitting end to the mighty emperors, enjoy the album for the music cos thats what its all about really

I've had some people bitching because this album, and to a lesser extent IXE, is a ripoff of Dissection-- the riffing is supposed to be very similar, to the point of being obvious, etc. Do you hear this? I listened to Dissection and Prometheus back to back just to check it out, and I can't hear a damn thing like that.

the album is pretty good. not as good as anthems i dont think but damn good. people get too fuckin mad when a bands album doesnt meet their standards of what their albums were before. this is still a good album and the keyboards are brilliant and they got good riffs. i suppose its worth the buy.