Empire 5/17/14 - Calat Alhambra

AxeCop2014

New Metal Member
Hi,
New forum member here and new mega-fan of A Sound Of Thunder :headbang:. Just saw them opening for Ashes Of Ares at the Empire in Springfield last Saturday along with my new friends in Martyrd and the mighty Ghost Of War, mind blown completely - ASOT is on fire! Been jamming the albums and youtube vids since Friday and love everything I've heard more and more with every listen. Wish I had got in on the kickstarter for Solomon, can't wait to hear the new songs. Felt the urge to research Calat Alhambra today to find out what the song was referencing, and ending up teaching myself to edit wikipedia pages to add A Sound Of Thunder to the music section included at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhambra.
Had a much longer piece with full band credits, lyrics, and web links - all this cool shit was deleted by an overzealous wiki editor :erk: so I chopped it down to one sentence. Adding Alhambra to the bucket list along with Stonehenge and Loch Ness, the architecture and layout of the palace is awesome, pretty cool that Washington Irving, author of Sleepy Hollow, moved in for a while and wrote there. If I had more time/energy right now I'd start building the wikipedia page for ASOT, they most certainly deserve to be documented there along with all of the great bands rocking us past, present and future.

I Don't Work The Day Shift Or The Night Shift - I Work The Always Shift,

Tom Miller
Sterling, VA

So much for ASOT being included in the Alhambra page, another zealot stepped in and did this :yuk:
" 05:44, 20 May 2014‎ Binksternet (talk | contribs)‎ . . (38,193 bytes) (-299)‎ . . (Undid revision 609302854 by Tmiller9us (talk) Revert... not a famous band, not a famous song) (undo | thank)"
Too bad, didn't know about the vicious bias the wiki police were harboring against metal bands on the rise...
Still want to construct a wiki for ASOT but other projects/operations/missions are primed and need to be run today, future plans will have to wait.

:kickass:
There's something here as strong as life, I know that it will reach you,

Tom Miller
Sterling, VA

Back