Empty = Empty??

I

Ivo

Just listened to the song of the Cranberries "Empty" (I don't know how this mp3 got into my harddrive) and damn it - it is an amazing song - somehow reminds (only like feeling) of Anathema's "Empty"... what is up with you irish guys?
:) :) :eek:

Originally posted by Strangelight
do you know what its about?
Actually don't know the story about the song - but I really like it a lot - and I'm not an native english speaker!! The comparision I did was only with the titles and the overall feeling of sadness...hope that didn't somehow offended your great song you wrote for Anathema. :)

Hm, the lyrics actually don't make much sense if don't know the story?
:eek:
empty
Performed by:
the Cranberries

Something has left my life and i don't know where it went to
sombody caused me strife and it's not what i was seeking
didn't you see me
didn't you hear me
didn't see me standin there
why did you turn out the lights
did you know that i was seelping?
say a prayer for me
help me field the strength i de iiid
my identity
has it been taken
is my heart breakin
I'll need awt my plans
fell through my hands
they fell through my hands
I'll knee eeed owt my dreams
it suddenly seems
it suddenly seems
empty

Originally posted by Ivo
Actually don't know the story about the song - but I really like it a lot - and I'm not an native english speaker!! The comparision I did was only with the titles and the overall feeling of sadness...hope that didn't somehow offended your great song you wrote for Anathema. :)

I'm not offended but I doubt that the Cranberries wrote a song about coming down off loads of drugs and vodka and realising that most of the people in your life are dumb parasites who are just using you:D and gossiping about you and think you dont realise cos you're pissed most nights :lol:

Originally posted by Ivo
Just listened to the song of the Cranberries "Empty" (I don't know how this mp3 got into my harddrive) and damn it - it is an amazing song - somehow reminds (only like feeling) of Anathema's "Empty"... what is up with you irish guys?
:) :) :eek:

I think the mentioned two songs are pretty different. Both the lyrics and music.
But most importantly both are really good songs :)

For who don't know the 'other' one >>

'The Cranberries: Empty'

"Something has left my life and I don't know where it went to
Somebody caused me strife and it's not what I was seekin'
Didn't you see me ? Didn't you hear me ? Didn't you see me standing there ? Why did you turn out the lights did you know that i was sleeping ?

Say a prayer for me
Help me to feel the strength I did
My identity - has it been taken, is my heart breakin' ..on me all my plans fell through my hands, they fell through my hands...on me all my dreams it suddenly seems, it suddenly seems Empty, Empty......"

Maybe I'll hear this song live too next week on Saturday ;)