ENCHANT on Orkut (second time's a charm)

DT Jesus

Licensed Progtologist
Feb 6, 2002
Wisconsin
www.progpages.com
In case anyone's interested... Orkut (www.orkut.com) is one of those "social networking" web sites (a'la friendster) where the computer savvy go to socialize. (You know, where you post a detailed profile of yourself and your interests along with a photo and then you can browse and search through thousands upon thousands of other people to look for friends, business contacts, potential romantic partners, whatever...)

Anyway, users can join Communities to find people with similar interests. There are hundreds of communities for EVERYTHING, including several for prog rock and specific prog rock bands. So, I figured that if Dream Theater can have a 500 member community, and Pain of Slavation could get 40 members, and other bands like Ayreon and Spock's beard could have a community, then Enchant deserved one too! So I created an Enchant community. If any of you are so inclined or at all interested, feel free to join.

'Til then, I'll be sittin in there alone. :)
-matt
np: Brainstorm - Metus Mortis

That's a shame. Sure, it *can* be used for dating, but I'd be surprised if much dating actually comes out of it. How do you "date" somone that is across the country or across an ocean? I think it's mainly used to just find online friends with the same interests.

When you create an account, you can choose if you're there for "meeting friends" and/or "business networking" and/or "dating".

Oh well .... thanks for at least tryin. :)

-matt

Hmmm, that's no good. The community is set as "public - anyone can join" ... so I'm quite puzzled. What happened when you tried to join? I'll see if I can get to the bottom of it.

thanks,
-matt