Enchant

dolphz

Black Heart
Aug 21, 2001
Elmhurst, Ill. USA
Visit site
Anyone into prog rock at all, the new Enchant cd is f-ing awesome! Not that everything else they've done isn't amazing also, but Blink of an Eye is incredible. Forget the new Rush cd, get Blink of an Eye NOW!!

Yes, better than Juggling...the songs have more impact (especially the first four), and Doug's guitar playing is frequently graceful and inspiring. Be sure to get the bonus edition, as it ends with the excellent instrumental Prognosis. Sure, the title lends itself to detractors to say "let's prove we're prog by recording a wankfest", but it is a great display of the band's instrumental ability.

I'm actually listening to the "Break" album right now... I'm a huge Enchant fan.

"Blink Of An Eye" has quickly become my favorite Enchant albums and one of my favorite albums of all time. It is my 2nd favorite release of 2002 after Pain Of Salvation's "Remedy Lane". It has a harder, punchier, darker sound... yet there are many lighter moments as well. The production is just phenomenal. I never realized Doug Ott was such a guitar virtuoso until I heard some of his stuff on this album... WOW! Ted Leonard is at his best as well... the vocals are very emotional and powerful throughout. The songwriting is top notch... these songs carry such an emotional weight... and the melodies are sublime.

I really haven't been able to stop listening to this album... I've probably listened to it about 4 times a day since I got it.

The lyrics are amazing, and I can't remember the last time so many different melodies stuck in my head from one cd.

Enchant are my new Rush. (And if you knew me you'd know, that's saying a LOT.)

How do you feel about Blueprint of the World? I think it's a great cd. Not as powerfull as later releases, but very well crafted and sublime. Floored me when I first heard it, and it was the first Enchant cd I ever heard. Blueprint is my favorite Enchant cd, but Blink of an Eye is challenging it.

Originally posted by dolphz
The lyrics are amazing, and I can't remember the last time so many different melodies stuck in my head from one cd.

Enchant are my new Rush. (And if you knew me you'd know, that's saying a LOT.)

How do you feel about Blueprint of the World? I think it's a great cd. Not as powerfull as later releases, but very well crafted and sublime. Floored me when I first heard it, and it was the first Enchant cd I ever heard. Blueprint is my favorite Enchant cd, but Blink of an Eye is challenging it.

Everyone picks "Blueprint" as their favorite... but it's only my 4th favorite... it's still excellent though... I think there's very little disparity between the best Enchant album and the worst Enchant album...

The one thing that really bothers me about "Blueprint", however, is the production... perhaps it was good for '94... but it just sounds so dated today... and I don't think Ted Leonard sounds as good on that album as he did later on... of course... all the music and lyrics and vocal melodies were written before he joined the band... so that explains a lot...

I really can't fault the album though... I'm just splitting hairs...it's got a lot of brilliant material on it... "Acquaintance" being a particular highlight (love Craddick's drumming during the chorus!)... which was pleasantly reprised at the end of "The Ultimate Gift"...