Enchants first rehearsal!

Sep 20, 2002
Oakland, Ca
www.nylonorgy.com
We had our first rehearsal for the upcoming tour with Spock's Beard and California Guitar trio...It was awesome! :OMG: We are so psyched for this tour! It felt great to play and we sounded pretty good for not playing together in at least 5 months!:D

We played:
Sinking Sand
Tug Of War
Under The Sun
The Thirst
Under Fire

Fooled around with:
Gavel Hand
See No Evil

the Band is flying right now...or maybe it's just me but I had a blast tonight! We reconvene on Monday.
We we adding:

Follow The Sun
Paint the Picture
Comatose

For Monday anyway.

Can't wait! God, I love playing music!!!:tickled:

Doug

So you're preparing for the big European tour.
Good to hear you like rehearsing. I hope the songs you mention are going to be on the setlist. How many minutes will you get to present yourselves on stage?

It's going to be a pretty demanding tour, seeing all the places booked for you. It's from one country to the next. I can't believe someone would be travelling around Europe like that from day to day and having to play at night. Hope you're all in a good physical condition.

off topic:
Doug, am I right in thinking that the intro to the song Beautiful reminds me a lot of REO Speedwagon's Keep on loving you?

Woo hooo - Gavel Hand, huh? Kewl!!!

Doug, in case the request list is still open....

Nighttime Sky
Nighttime Sky
Nighttime Sky
Nighttime Sky
Nighttime Sky
Nighttime Sky

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Did I paint the picture OK? :) )

Can't WAIT for this tour!
smile2.gif

We will be playing around an hour long set. However, we are laerning enough material to be able to switch the set up every night; for those who come to more than one show, each night will be a little different.

It's not that bad. It is demanding but you only really are needing to be focused and awake while you're on stage. The rest of the time you can relax on a bus while a driver takes you from place to place.

REO Speedwagon!!:ill: Please don't ever say that again! I'm going to be sick! I'm sorry to hear you say that, it must be really awful for you to have to hear them everytime you hear the intro to Beautiful. I don't see the connection, thank God! If I did I would hate the song I'm sure...so would Robin!

Doug

keeper of the flame said:
So you're preparing for the big European tour.
Good to hear you like rehearsing. I hope the songs you mention are going to be on the setlist. How many minutes will you get to present yourselves on stage?

It's going to be a pretty demanding tour, seeing all the places booked for you. It's from one country to the next. I can't believe someone would be travelling around Europe like that from day to day and having to play at night. Hope you're all in a good physical condition.

off topic:
Doug, am I right in thinking that the intro to the song Beautiful reminds me a lot of REO Speedwagon's Keep on loving you?

Just an hour of show per night is not enough, imo. But well, think it is my problem, I understand these things are scheduled by the organization and doesn't rely on the band itself. In any case, my congratulations to Doug, since to read "I love playing music" written by the hand of a musician you admire is always a good reason to smile. Thank you!

|ngenius.

Jeez...REO Speedwagon? I haven't heard that song in a long time...

Any chance of a local warm-up show before the European Tour?

-dan

That is what we are hoping to do Dan

That is if everything works out! I am hoping it will be right here in Concord. There are only two venues that we can really play? and they both ----

By the way I cannot even believe you are the first post I have seen from Concord which is amazing considereing Doug lives there!

Great news about the rehearsals. How about slipping in Monday, well since its Monday.

Any plans to record the shows on the tour for a live CD??? Alot of us have been clamouring for it. Some of us may not be able to get a chance to see you guys live.

re: REO
Damn...whats so wrong with them?? I know that they have a lot of cheesey tunes (esp Fight this Feeling :puke:,) but Roll with the Changes is a damn good tune. I don't get the connection either with Beautiful, but Keep on Lovin You is not a bad power 80s ballad.

Jim

NP: Love, look what you done to me - Boz Scaggs. Anybody got any advice on good first dance songs at weddings? And no prog songs. She wont go for that. And I can't dance, so its gotta be ultra slow.

GAVEL HAND IS THE BEST!
OF COURSE WITH ALL THE REST! :hotjump:

Wow, I made a rime! :loco::loco::loco::loco::loco::loco::loco:

Doug, there isnt a way to when I´m reading the posts here, I never see the topics the band start telling news about the tour???:worship:
Because I start to cry :cry:and fight :Shedevil:with my desk cause I wont be able to see you live. Only if you tell me that tomorrow you will be here in Brazil in any State!:loco:

Being serious, good luck to you an keep us informed with pictures if it is possible.
And try to put some nude girls pics from every country you visit! :devil:

Ed, could you listen to the SVCDS?:confused:

Yup...there really isn't any place in Concord to play (Bourbon Street?)...

I'm pretty close to Doug's area...Concord isn't that big!

--dan

jjmannford said:
Great news about the rehearsals. How about slipping in Monday, well since its Monday.

Any plans to record the shows on the tour for a live CD??? Alot of us have been clamouring for it. Some of us may not be able to get a chance to see you guys live.

re: REO
Damn...whats so wrong with them?? I know that they have a lot of cheesey tunes (esp Fight this Feeling :puke:,) but Roll with the Changes is a damn good tune. I don't get the connection either with Beautiful, but Keep on Lovin You is not a bad power 80s ballad.

Jim

NP: Love, look what you done to me - Boz Scaggs. Anybody got any advice on good first dance songs at weddings? And no prog songs. She wont go for that. And I can't dance, so its gotta be ultra slow.

Wooo-hooo, Jim, are congrats in order? If so, CONGRATS!!!! When's the big day? As for slow songs for the first dance....OK, if prog is out, then my #1 isn't an option.....so.....if you were really considering Love, Look What You've Done to Me then you might want to consider Endless Love (D Ross/L Ritchie) or Always and Forever (L. Vandross) or for a little more ooompf I could Not Ask For More by Edwin McKain. If you are still stumped try this link: http://www.weddingtips.com/wt-first-dance-songs.html

As for REO --- LOL to Doug --- and Jim, I'm with ya --- Roll with the Changes is a GREAT tune!!!!

ebass said:
Wow we better update this one
Anywhere you guys play won't suck anymore, won't be cheesy. Bourbon Street? Sure why not!! One little request...do the artists have any say over the ages admitted? My daughter Cait who is 15 is dying to see you guys. We go to shows at bars in SF and they admit all ages--they put a huge X in sharpie on their hands. It's funny cause usually the bands we go to see (eg..The Matches) all have X's on their hands too! It works out great and the kids get to experience the music live. I really hope you can do a show my kid can see! She's ultra-cool...really!! (Sheesh, no date yet, and I'm already trying to get my kid in!)

Kristin Via all-ages-friendly Dragon

What's that with US venues not letting in people under 16? Or is it even 18? (Or is that in the UK too?!) What's so bad that can harm adolescent minds?!

Look what happens to people who never try something in their life - they turn out like Shrub!

And I heard in the US you have seated venues too! Amazing... Is there an idea behind that? I mean, a justifiable idea?

Jerry

Jerry said:
What's that with US venues not letting in people under 16? Or is it even 18? (Or is that in the UK too?!) What's so bad that can harm adolescent minds?!

Look what happens to people who never try something in their life - they turn out like Shrub!

And I heard in the US you have seated venues too! Amazing... Is there an idea behind that? I mean, a justifiable idea?

Jerry

Hey Jerry - whether a US club is 'all ages' or not is up to them. Some even change it from show to show depending on the performer. I'd guess that for all the bazillion shows I've seen, about 70-80% were 'all ages' - so Kristin, it looks pretty good that Cait would be able to come too!

As for seats.....well, LOL.....once in a while! Most of the concert clubs have bars, and thus some barstools --- but they are few and far between. All of the outside venues - place like Jones Beach, Tower City, Nissan Pavillion - are set up with fixed stadium-style seats - not that anyone uses them - who is going to sit down when Rush is on stage??? What they really end up doing is providing crowd control! Some groups tour in older theaters that have (sometimes!) been refurbished to one degree or another - Warner Theater (DC), Beacon Theater (NY), etc. and again - those comfy seats just provide crowd control because we are on our feet most of the time!

One exception - Trans-Siberian Orchestra! They perform like a 'show' almost, rather than a 'concert' per se, so we stay seated except for the rousing standing O at the end! :)

So what are the clubs like in Germany where Enchant will be playing? Specificall, LOL, how is the lighting? :)

Doing my very best to avoid Shrub-dom! :)

Cheers!