enditol & temps collabo - Axe FX Ultra/Superior2/Epic Synths/Not Djent

Temps

Aug 13, 2008
Here's one Enditol and I did for a fun over the last few weeks. I took a tune I had already written and it was mostly a learning experience for both of us - I had his evil genius on hand to come up with some atmospheric stuff , and he sat at the recording controls, got to practice some mixing, and showed me some cool tips and tricks in Cubase.

I didn't add any new riffs to the song so its still the same as it was a month and a half ago when I first posted it up but it has a bunch of additional layers and the feel has changed a bunch. It has a breakdown in it, but I figured that was acceptable since it alternates between 6/4 and 7/4 and has tapping in it

For this, we used Enditol's Axe FX Ultra for all the guitars and the ethereal cleans, superior 2 with the superior 1 kick, a programmed bass VST, and then some epic synths for the melodic part.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7196498

No djent here :loco:

I liked it. I really like heavy riffs combined with atmospheric/ambient/melodic stuff. It's basically what I try to do myself with my music, a slightly different style than this though.
Also I believe this must be one of the best tones I've heard from axe fx.

Haha, no djent, eh? Well regardless, I dig it man, ESPECIALLY Enditol's synths, damn - needless to say, they wouldn't be worth much without your riffs, and of course the riffs came first, but the synths in there makes all the difference IMO, I really dig it! And I wouldn't call what you have a breakdown (because there's not an abrupt and awkward tempo change - and because I don't hate it ;)); rather, a "sparse verse" (even if you don't intend it to be a verse). Great mix! The kick is a bit low and cymbals (especially the crash in the left in the opening riff) too loud IMO, but the snare sounds great (is this S2.0 again?), and man do I love those epic synths in what I assume is (and should be :D) the chorus. Keep it up!

And in the part of the "sparse verse" with the tapping, are those just occasional MONSTER floor tom hits, or sub-drops?

sub drops! aw yeah :lol:
The synths do top it off nicely.. I was just going to leave it with a couple layers of clean guitars but enditol had just thing to put it over the top. Its all Superior 2 on the drums, except the kick is from the original superior, and the hihat.