ENEMIES OF REALITY: My turn DAMNIT!!! (or why I like this release)

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
Been meaning to do this for awhile. Here is my "take, review, interpretation" of:
ENEMIES OF REALITY/NEVERMORE

1.Enemies Of Reality-Great song. Video is great also. Guitars are reminscent of "Sea of Possibilities" and "7 Tongues of God" (1st break). Love the solo and the lyrics, "WE ARE THE ENEMIES OF REALITY, IN A WORLD THATS UNFORGIVING"
2.Ambivalent-Great solo then buildup ofter solo. Reminds me of "Engines Of Hate". Like the line, "ALL MY HATE BENEATH ME FORMS A CAGE"
3.Never Purify-"SCRAPE THE PAIN OFF OF MY LIPS", Kick Ass. Reminds me of "Lost" from P.O.E. "I am not your saviour" similiar to "Lost" line "WHY SHOULD I COME DOWN". Killer part right before solo, very "tight/good" musicianship. "SELF IMMOLATION CAN NEVER PURIFY"/"LOOK AT ME". Great song.
4.Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday-Revisiting "What Tomorrow Knows"? To me, this is like "Locust Eaters" meets "Hurting Words". The line "TONIGHT THE NORTHWIND SPOKE TO THE TREES" reminds me of RUSH for some reason. Also reminds me of "Long Since Dark" and a "heavier" "Believe In Nothing". Great Song.
5.I, Voyager-To me this is a "pissed off" "PASSENGER". Great double bass drum. Also reminds me of "C.B.F" and "Fault of the Flesh". Probably one of my favorites on this release. "Tasted the Pleasures of the Flesh, and Drunk the Pleasures of the mind." "CLEAR FOCUSED AND DEFINED".
6.Create The Infinite-"Listen and I'll tell you THE STORY OF OUR END" (previous song title). 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,!!! (Have to love "Lucky 7") Another one of my favorites. Love the lyrics. "What are we but men without eyes? Swimming through the poison of design". *NOTE: See my signature*
7.Who Decides-"Heroes and rapists they all have nice faces", I love this line. Kick Ass intro and ending. Reminds me of "Heart Collector" and "Insignificant". Who Decides?
8.Noumenon-THERE IS NO STONGER DRUG THAN REALITY! How true. This reminds me of "Cenotaph" and the ending of P.O.E., "Freedoms Never Free". I like the line "Young hearts are pure like violet drops of rain, Until life teaches us to be stoned or ashamed. A pure "mindfuck". Love the guitars.
9.Seed Awakening-Kick Ass "thrash". Another favorite. The solo is "blistering". After the line "masses of the death show" vaguely reminds me of In Flames/Cloud Connected. "SHATTERED CLARITY"/"DAMAGED SANITY". One question though. What is said after "subtle morality"? (Welcome to ????)
In concluding, I think this is a great release. I think it has elements of all of NEVERMORE's previous releases.

I find the record great too, almost for the same reasons you wrote. Some complain about the production, but, as many people know, I don't understand a shit about this and so I don't care... It will stuck in my cd-player for a while...

Great CD!!!!!!! The production bummed me out at first but after jumping into the album and listening to the playing and writing I totally forgot about the production problem. Best CD I have heard this year. Has anybody else heard a CD, released this year, that is as good as the new NEVERMORE?